[SOLVED] My psu doesn't have a 6 pin connector?

G0LD

Prominent
Sep 10, 2019
I have a cooler master elite 500w and my gtx 760 needs a 8 pin connector and a 6 pin but my psu doesnt have a 6 pin connector.

G0LD

Prominent
Sep 10, 2019
Very poor build quality, can't even deliver 400w where it counts(12v maxes at 360w), poor efficiency.

Given the load a GTX 760 can put on a PSU I don't see it ending well.
I just finish building it i cannot replace it right now but do think it can still run. I have and i3-9100f 8gb ram gtx 760 acx sc 2gb 120gb kingston ssd 3 rgb fan and an msi h310 gaming plus

w.cattermoul

Reputable
Nov 1, 2018
honestly i have never had any bad experiences with cheap PSUs. Ive been running a CX430 (Corsairs sort of equivalent to the CM elite) for 3+ years and has never had a problem. Just dont buy a Win Power psu or something like that and always buy new and you should be fine

honestly i have never had any bad experiences with cheap PSUs. Ive been running a CX430 (Corsairs sort of equivalent to the CM elite) for 3+ years and has never had a problem. Just dont buy a Win Power psu or something like that and always buy new and you should be fine
Just because you didn't have any bad experiences, doesn't mean that's how the rest of the people will fair. It only needs one time to fry everything. As bignastyid said, good luck with your gamble to both of you.

Reactions: WildCard999