• Our team is working to address issues posting quotes or media to the forums. Please bear with us as we get this sorted out.

Question My PSU exploded, pls help

Aug 16, 2020
Nah it didnt explode, just a small component did.
Can somebody help me fix it?
It is a corsair CX750 m 80 plus bronze
I cant find the exact piece that exploded, maybe i could solder a new one in.

On the other side its around here.

Typically, you would not open the Power Supply at all, but instead send it in for a replacement, at least if it's still within its warranty period. For the CX750M, I believe that's 5 years, at least in the US, though that model number has been around for longer than that, so it's possible yours could be out of warranty if you bought it a while back. Of course, if they can tell that you opened it, they may not honor the warranty.

It's also generally not a great idea to work on power supplies if you are not sure about what you are doing, as they contain capacitors that can retain a potentially lethal charge even after they've been unplugged for some minutes. You should avoid touching random contacts on the underside of the board, as they could potentially short a capacitor. And of course, you should avoid working on the PSU while its plugged in.

Aug 16, 2020
Typically, you would not open the Power Supply at all, but instead send it in for a replacement, at least if it's still within its warranty period. For the CX750M, I believe that's 5 years, at least in the US, though that model number has been around for longer than that, so it's possible yours could be out of warranty if you bought it a while back. Of course, if they can tell that you opened it, they may not honor the warranty.

It's also generally not a great idea to work on power supplies if you are not sure about what you are doing, as they contain capacitors that can retain a potentially lethal charge even after they've been unplugged for some minutes. You should avoid touching random contacts on the underside of the board, as they could potentially short a capacitor. And of course, you should avoid working on the PSU while its plugged in.
I bought this PSU a little bit more over than 5 years ago and it has been broken and not plugged in for like a month so I hope there is nothing charged in it.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS