[SOLVED] My PSU fan spins a bit than turns off and only my rgb ram lights up

Nov 10, 2020
I wanted to upgrade my computer so I got a new cpu cooler, ram and ssd. I put everything in my computer and when I went to turn it on my powersupply fan turns on than off. Nothing my my computer turns on except for my rgb ram. No fans spin and no signal to my monitor. I need to know how to fix it or what is wrong.
My specs are as following
Intel i7-87000
ASRock B365 Pro 4 motherboard
Gigabyte gtx 1060 mini 3gb
WD blue 500gb ssd
Corsair vengeance pro rgb 16gb 3200mz
Toshiba hdd 1tb
Thermal take tough power series 750w psu 80 plus gold

Last edited:
I wanted to upgrade my computer so I got a new cpu cooler, ram and ssd. I put everything in my computer and when I went to turn it on my powersupply fan turns on than off. Nothing my my computer turns on except for my rgb ram. No fans spin and no signal to my monitor. I need to know how to fix it or what is wrong.

The RAM lights up because it's using +5VSB, which is always on.

Unplug the SSD. Does it power on?

What CPU cooler?

the ssd is a m.2 should I take it out?
The cpu cooler is Coolermaster hyper 212 black edition.
The computer doesn’t work.

Well, here's the thing. You bought an SSD, memory and a CPU cooler. Now it doesn't work. So what's the next logical thing to do?

You go backwards from where you are to where you were when the PC was working.

This is why I don't like to throw three or four new upgrades at a PC at a time. I do one at a time. Would've done the RAM, got it up and running, shut down, swap out the cooler, got it up and running, then installed the new SSD. But hey.. that's me.

Nov 10, 2020
Well, here's the thing. You bought an SSD, memory and a CPU cooler. Now it doesn't work. So what's the next logical thing to do?

You go backwards from where you are to where you were when the PC was working.

This is why I don't like to throw three or four new upgrades at a PC at a time. I do one at a time. Would've done the RAM, got it up and running, shut down, swap out the cooler, got it up and running, then installed the new SSD. But hey.. that's me.
That’s what I did I got my new ram and put it in a ram it for a day, I got my new cooler and ran that’s for a day. Than I got my ssd and my mb broke. So I got a replacement and now with everything in it doesn’t work.