I just built this pc specs are
-Z490-e gaming
-rtx 2080
-16gb ddr4 ram
-evga 1000 gq (psu)
-i7-10700
-512gb ssd
-3 tb hdd
I don’t know why it’s clicking or if I should be worried, any suggestions?

Clicking and buzzing are entirely different things, so which one is it doing?

WHEN is it doing it? All the time? Only when you start up the system? Any time you resume from sleep? Anytime you put it under a load OR anytime you take the load away? Only while gaming or never while gaming?

Did you just get this PSU and did you get it new or used?

Jan 1, 2021
Clicking and buzzing are entirely different things, so which one is it doing?

WHEN is it doing it? All the time? Only when you start up the system? Any time you resume from sleep? Anytime you put it under a load OR anytime you take the load away? Only while gaming or never while gaming?

Did you just get this PSU and did you get it new or used?

the psu is brand new but I can’t return it since I’ve had it for a while just sitting there. When I boot up my pc It starts buzzing. Everything is plugged in and secured so I don’t think anything is vibrating.

How long is "a while", because the warranty on that should be something like 5 years.

I'd make sure it's the PSU by unplugging everything that goes to the PSU so that it is not connected to anything, and then do the following to see if the buzzing still happens.

Jan 1, 2021
How long is "a while", because the warranty on that should be something like 5 years.

I'd make sure it's the PSU by unplugging everything that goes to the PSU so that it is not connected to anything, and then do the following to see if the buzzing still happens.

Ive been on the pc for 7 hours now and nothing is happening so i think it’s just a whining coil

Yes, but it is coil whine from the PSU or from the graphics card? And in either case, it is a warrantable condition, and I'd take advantage of the warranty, because you just don't know if whatever is causing the coil whine is a precursor to something worse or not. Plus, it's not a normal condition and you shouldn't have to put up with it. If you want to, that's up to you, but I'd contact the manufacturer of either the graphics card or the PSU regarding a replacement IF you purchased these parts new.

If not, and you're willing to live with it, then that's completely up to you.

Jan 1, 2021
Yes, but it is coil whine from the PSU or from the graphics card? And in either case, it is a warrantable condition, and I'd take advantage of the warranty, because you just don't know if whatever is causing the coil whine is a precursor to something worse or not. Plus, it's not a normal condition and you shouldn't have to put up with it. If you want to, that's up to you, but I'd contact the manufacturer of either the graphics card or the PSU regarding a replacement IF you purchased these parts new.

If not, and you're willing to live with it, then that's completely up to you.
Thanks, I just played games like fortnite,rust, and modern warfare for 16 hours straight and eventually my psu stopped making the sound. So I think it may have solved itself out somehow. I’ll see if it’s whining tomorrow and if it is I might send it back for repair or a new one.