[SOLVED] my PSU randomly shutsdown my computer

Sep 4, 2020
ok i'm new to this but i built my First PC
Mbo: B450 Msi Gaming Plus Max
Cpu: Amd Ryzen 5 3600x With a Deep Cool pipe cooler
Ram: Team T-FORCE VULCAN Z 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3000 (PC4 24000) Intel XMP 2.0 Desktop Memory Model TLZRD416G3000HC16CDC01
Gpu: RTX 2060(not the super)
PSU: thermaltake SMART 700W 80+
SSD: HP 256
HDD: seagate 2 TB and a toshba 1tb
now my last PSU burned out it was one of the Great Wall out of a prebuilt and it was a 750w last week(lasted 3 months)
while gaming and now my new PSU is trying to do the same but it shuts it's self down before it gets to that point not sure whats going on but i poked though the BIOS and what not and looking for anything out of place nothing. it only shuts down when playing highly Detailed games. and i've been racking my Brain trying to keep my PSU from not buing out i even kicked it out of Overclock someone must know what the issues is hopefull?

Solution
i know what you mean but something still isn't right an it's nerve-wracking with it being my first build and all besides it had cost the same for the 700w psu

It's a low quality PSU at any wattage.

It may not resolve the issue, but the first thing I'd do is make sure I had a quality PSU in there.
Sep 4, 2020
Think you just need a better quality psu. What parts you have right now can be run by a good quality 550watt psu so don't yourself blind at getting something high wattage.
i know what you mean but something still isn't right an it's nerve-wracking with it being my first build and all besides it had cost the same for the 700w psu

Sep 4, 2020
Bios is up-to-date
would show you but don't know how to upload screenshots here
but i already have hwinfo64 and it looks fine from my end i think
temps look fine but not so sure about voltage

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
Only thing out of the ordinary this shows is that your ram isn't running at the xmp speeds, so is A-XMP enabled in the bios?

But since nothing shows can i still only think about either psu, which i personally suspect, or gpu, which at the moment i can only think of besides psu being wrong. Might be that the gpu suddenly asks for a very high load, called "Transient Spikes", which the psu can't handle, guess this happens.

Could try and test out of the case, "breadboarding", and see if anything in the case itself might cause a short.

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
well thats is what i'm asking do i need to get a white, bronze, gold, or platinum?
so far 2 people have said the same thing but not dropped a hint of answering this part and Vic has said it might be

in my GPU so it's a bit confusing
That is not the problem, that just happens, the problem is the psu which cannot handle those. Well at least that is what i think might be the problem.