[SOLVED] MY PSU SMOKED PLEASE HELP

Sep 16, 2021
Hello
So i bought this pc second hand around 2-3 years ago, and the guy that i bought it from built it in 2013, i upgraded a few parts since i bought it, and today i was just cable managing the cables from the other side of my case and trying to tuck the psu cable in so i can close the side panel(non glass side) and when i was doing it the display suddenly turned off and the pc fans rgb got dimmer and the psu started smoking, It took me about 10 seconds to notice that it was smoking but after that immediately turned it off,
Now would this burnt psu damage any of my parts?????
It has Full protection functions with OVP / UVP / OPP / SCP / SIP

Please tell me if it wouldve burned my cpu/gpu/mobo? Or anything

Pc specs:
Msi ventus gtx 1660 super oc
Motherboard msi x370 gaming plus
Ryzen 5 1600(NON AF)
16gb corsair ddr4
Gamemax 650watt 80 plus bronze gp-650

Solution
I need to know before I buy a new power supply because if any part got burnt I wont buy it because I can’t really afford to buy other parts is there anyway I can tell if any parts got burnt

Unfortunately, that's not how it works. You won't know what works without a PSU or someone with a working PC to test the parts in. It doesn't matter because in any case, if you're ever going to use any of the parts again, you need a PSU that isn't this one.
Sep 16, 2021
Yup, you'll only know by replacing the PSU and seeing what works and what doesn't. There are few things more expensive in the PC hobby than a cheap PSU; I hope your lesson turns out not to be a tough one.
I need to know before I buy a new power supply because if any part got burnt I wont buy it because I can’t really afford to buy other parts is there anyway I can tell if any parts got burnt

DSzymborski

Titan

Unfortunately, that's not how it works. You won't know what works without a PSU or someone with a working PC to test the parts in. It doesn't matter because in any case, if you're ever going to use any of the parts again, you need a PSU that isn't this one.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS