Question My psu starts making buzz sounds

May 12, 2020
Hello, my psu starts making this weird buzzing sound this morining, if im playing wolfenstein the new order.
My psu is evga 1000gq gold
And my pc specs are:
-gtx 1070
-ram 8
-intel celeron g3930
-rog strix b250F motherboard
Yesterday the psu wasn't making this sound, and before i sleep, i stop the psu.
i recorded the sound
View: https://imgur.com/5GEwV1c

Oct 3, 2020
Although there is no sound coming from your attachment, it looks like might be experiencing coil whine (try looking up a video) in your PSU. I have heard and experienced some coil whines from EVGA PSUs and I am using mine with no problem.

In the case it is a coil whine, it is usually not a significant indication of a failing or a faulty PSU, it is just a really annoying sound. But if the sound is really annoying, I guess you could try getting an RMA, EVGA support is usually nice.

May 12, 2020
Sorry if u couldn't hear a thing but when i open a game not only the psu make that buzz but i can hear it from the gpu itself near his fan im going to clean from dust my pc with an air compressor i wil be back with more information but still this is weird because yeserday night i didnt heard this buzz sound when i was playing i only heard from psu a small buzz but now if i enter a game it's loud and im only playing on low-med because of my cpu.
Edit: i will make another attachment but on youtube

May 12, 2020
But the sound is going for an short period of time like in slow motion and on that period i have extreme frame drops from 60 to 5-10 and i only was testing wolfenstien the new order

Oct 3, 2020
But the sound is going for an short period of time like in slow motion and on that period i have extreme frame drops from 60 to 5-10 and i only was testing wolfenstien the new order

Frame drops are usually not caused by a faulty PSU. From what I am hearing, it does sound like a coil whine, and there is nothing wrong with it. I cannot really see the connection with the coil whine and frame drops. You might want to check other components for frame drops

But in the case that the sound is not a coil whine, and it IS coming from the PSU, you might want to try to get an RMA.

May 12, 2020
Frame drops are usually not caused by a faulty PSU. From what I am hearing, it does sound like a coil whine, and there is nothing wrong with it. I cannot really see the connection with the coil whine and frame drops. You might want to check other components for frame drops

But in the case that the sound is not a coil whine, and it IS coming from the PSU, you might want to try to get an RMA.
Im hearing the same thing from my gpu between the gpu fan and hdd/ssd port connections i forgot so specify that my 1070 is aero edition not the itx one