Question my r9 270x suddenly went black, and not showing after windows loading!

hadi.kazemi1985

Prominent
Sep 8, 2017
hi commuinty
i was playing apex legends got tired and minimized the game, when i got back the screen was black, i thought it's gone for sleep mode, or screen shot down,(i've had set this option after 10 minutes) but it didn't showing anything, but my pc was on!
so i tried changing windows and ...
finally found out that the graphic is the problem, when i installed the new windows, when i installed driver for graphic card it went black again! i manually reset the pc, when pc loads windows (after the dots circling finishes) the screen goes black and nothing else, i tried to use cpu graphic (hdmi port on motherboard) it works fine but with the r9 270x it goes black

is my graphic burnt out completely?! and cant fix it or it's a problem (not hardware) and can fix it?
btw: i can load windows in safe mode easyly!

Because you can boot into the safe mode, the problem looks like the driver to cause the problem.

Using the onboard iGPU, and the DDU to uninstall the GPU driver in safe mode. Then put the r9 270 and reinstall the GPU again. You may solve the problem.
DDU https://www.guru3d.com/files_details/display_driver_uninstaller_download.html

If you still get the same problem, either the PSU may have problem to handle the r9 270, or the r9 270 may have problem.

Reactions: Metal Messiah.

hadi.kazemi1985

Prominent
Sep 8, 2017
thanks for the quick answer
i did uninstall the driver with the DDU and windows loaded just fine, but i fear to install the driver and same thing happens!
does it mean that the r9 gpu is broke?! or something is wrong with driver?!

ps:
also before i've put it in another pc and when windows tried to recognize the gpu the black screen happened again!(so i think the PSU is ok)

Last edited:

hadi.kazemi1985

Prominent
Sep 8, 2017
as i said i uninstalled the driver with DDU, when i tried to install an older driver version (for making sure it's not the driver update issue) and after 33% of installation the screen went black and .... :cautious:
about the PSU, i had this set up working for 3 years, and didn't have any problem !
so i guess the r9 270x is damaged or its time is over!
thanks anyway for your kind and quick answers!