Hello.
I recently bought my first computer with the following specs:
mobo GA 970A DS3P PCI-e 2x
Graphics card R9 380x gigabyte 4gb PCI-e 3x
RAM Corsair 1600mhz 2x8 (16gb) blue
CPU AMD Fx 8350 black edition
Power supply Cougar cmx 1000w bronze plus
CPU Cooler Corsair H100i water cooler
After installing everything, test boot goes fine.
I installed the graphics card on he 16x PCI-e port, I did turned it on with the 6 pin power cable and it launches looking fine, but my graphics card won't get recognized. I have downloaded the drivers from gigabyte site, both for the motherboard and graphics card. Nothing.
I tried almost everything I could find on the internet, looking through on MOBO bios for PCI-e port activation, disabling onboard graphics card (couldn't find or don't have one), taking out the first RAM card, installing the drivers from the CD, uninstalling the drivers and putting them back... I don't know what to do anymore. I read that my mobo ins't a great thing, for little more cash could have bought one infinite times better. I've read that this mobo would go with my graphics card, but it ins't. Help me please.

a39232

Distinguished
May 13, 2012
the FX motherboard do not have onboard graphics only a very few offer it. The BIOS is probably he issue with a computer that old I updated my sabertooth a while back. That and it is a revision one.

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!
So when you start the computer with the Graphics card in there (and the monitor plugged into the graphics card NOT the motherboard) can you see the BIOS?

It sounds like you can see the BIOS which means the card IS working. You should download the latest drivers from AMD and try to install them. Did you do that? Does it give you an error? What makes you believe the GPU is not recognized?

carlo_bigtunes

Honorable
Nov 18, 2013

is there 6 pin power or 8 pin power, gigabyte launch R9 380x 4gb with 8 pin power...

brunochiot

Commendable
May 17, 2016
My mobo is a GA 970a DS3P rev 2.0

Yes, I have the latest MOBO and graphics card drivers... I'll try to install all of it again...

brunochiot

Commendable
May 17, 2016

Yes, 8 pins, sorry, all plugged, as I said in the question, all works, the graphics card is on, fans on, but won't get recognized by windows 10.

carlo_bigtunes

Honorable
Nov 18, 2013
gigabyte 970 used pciex 2.0 and r9 380x already support pciex 3.0 , in some motherboard with pciex 2.0 can't recognize Graphics cards with pciex 3.0
the solution only, update motherboard bios with the latest one, if you already do it.
first try with the 2nd pciex 4x. still no display. the only way is to update r9 380x bios which compatible with 970.
i found so many case like you , ex gigabyte 990fx

brunochiot

Commendable
May 17, 2016

I can see the bios, I can acess the computer, but the graphics card won't work... I used HDMI cable to conect with my monitor.
lHUwIcg.jpg

brunochiot

Commendable
May 17, 2016

I'll try it out, thanks!

brunochiot

Commendable
May 17, 2016
Sorry for not posting earlier, I installed the driver from AMD, restored the PC and re-installed again... Worked nicely!
Thank you for your time and attetion! Sorry for my bad english, I'm very thankfull to you guys!