Question My Ram frequency is too low and i cant over clock it

Twazix

Reputable
Mar 20, 2015
Hello.
I have msi MPG Z390 GAMING EDGE AC and G.SKILL TridentZ RGB Series 16GB 3000mhz. my ram frequency is 800mhz and when i want to overclock it or enable xmp it tells me this:

image0.jpg

May 26, 2019
Hello.
I have msi MPG Z390 GAMING EDGE AC and G.SKILL TridentZ RGB Series 16GB 3000mhz. my ram frequency is 800mhz and when i want to overclock it or enable xmp it tells me this:

image0.jpg
I also have a set of DDR4-3000 corsair ram and a Z390-A Pro that is doing the exact same thing. In the bios the ram is set to 800mhz and I cannot change it or else I get the same msg, but I am able to run xmp with both single sticks in a single ram slot. Please let me know if you find some sort of fix for this.

I also do not think that it is a problem with the ram because I tested ram that I have in my other computer that I know works perfectly fine in dual channel at 2133mhz but when installed into the computer with the Z390-A Pro it showed up as running on 800mhz in dual channel as well.

Last edited:
May 26, 2019
I actually fixed this same problem that I was having. It turns out that I had installed the cpu cooler incorrectly and that was causing my problem. I uninstalled my cpu cooler and reinstalled it correctly and I was able to run my ram in dual channel with xmp on. Hope this helps.