My ram is making browsing slow, solution?

Granter

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2011
Hi there

I got g.skill 2133 17000 cl11 ram in my new rigg and i can get them to run at 2133 without a problem really, tho with the same timings.

But they are making surfing the web a pain, not on all websites but basicly youtube and checking the mail takes an eternity.

For an example, if i play a song on youtube, it took a very long time for it to begin with. I want to swap to another video i see in related, it will not allow me to swap before i have paused whatever i'm listening/watching too and it will again take a very long time before i can do anything.

I found out that it was my RAM that is making it run so slowly, i borrowed my brothers RAM while he is at work which is some "random brand" 1333mhz and they are working nice and smoothly.

I understood while buying the g.skill that it would be kinda hard to get them to work at awesome speeds and problem free.

But does anyone have some suggestion on how to solve this problem? If i can't find one i guess i just have to buy some 1600cl9 corsair.

I HIGHLY doubt its your ram. its much much much more likely it was your internet. and possibly it got better while your brother wasnt home downloading "content". ram doesn't make things go slow if there is a problem. it crashes.

in anycase there is no point to buying 2133MHz ram, but if you think that's the problem run memtest. you can always just set the to 1600MHz and CL9 too.

Granter

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2011

my internet connection is 200/200 and i have a lot of other computers connected to it, laptop, server, 6other computers. all of them are blazing fast, only this new one that is so extremly slow.

Granter

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2011

I'm sorry, you were actually right. I was sort of misslead by another forum making me believe that it was actually a ram related problem and i did find the it slower after a while for no reason

Short story, after testing a lot of things and not really finding the problem i did what i should have done right from the start, a internet speed test, it gave up 60mb's down and 0.7mb's up. tried it on the other comps and they got an averege of around 30-60up and 40-80up so.

From here on out i did the same thing again, reinstalled all the drivers, installed service pack 1 for windows as that one idnt want to manually update for some reason when i try to do it threw windows update. Tried changing the ports on the router, did not work.

still got the same shitty speed.

Now i called company i bought the motherboard from and they gave me a couple of suggestions on what to do, which was acually quite usefull but tho it did not help to solve the problem. They than said that i could send it back so they could test it and send me a new one but this process would take 2weeks and i really cant be bothered to wait that long so i continued to search for a solution.

So i went on and reinstalled windows together with the enthernet drivers only, same problem. At this point i was quite sure it had to be a problem with the motherboard, i went into the router and restarted the connection. Still did not work.

Right now i had no idea what to do and i just happen to think of my internet providers which give the sam retarded suggestion each time there is a problem, which is "pull the plug for the router and wait 15seconds and put it back in again", which basicly never have solved a problem for me.

So whatever, last way out. Pulled the cable out and waite abit, checked cables so that all of them was sitting there as they should, put it back in again and went and did some more tests on bredbandskollen.se and speedtest.net

Speed test result: http://www.speedtest.net/result/2030194811.png

problem solved i guess :D