Question My ram is performing lower then expected?

McKeu

Proper
Mar 27, 2019
What motherboard.
What cpu.
If 4 slots, are the ram in 1-3 or 2-4 or side-by-side.
Have you gone and looked in the bios to see what speed the ram is running and changed it manually to 1600.

I gathered that from the rest of his userbenchmark. Seems to be a MSI 970A-G43 with a AMD FX-4300

McKeu

Proper
Mar 27, 2019
Put them in 2 and 4 and here are the results https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/15837981
Still a less than thrilling result, but you can already see a difference (clocking @800 MHZ). And for whatever reason your RAM seems to be recognized as 667 MHz?
Are you comfortable with setting timings/speed manually in the BIOS?
You could also try resetting the CMOS, so your mobo will retrain everything at next boot.

Mar 27, 2019
Still a less than thrilling result, but you can already see a difference (clocking @800 MHZ). And for whatever reason your RAM seems to be recognized as 667 MHz?
Are you comfortable with setting timings/speed manually in the BIOS?
You could also try resetting the CMOS, so your mobo will retrain everything at next boot.
i tried setting my settings/speeds in the bios but i dont think i did it right, and i dont know what resetting the cmos is or does?

McKeu

Proper
Mar 27, 2019
Resetting the cmos will remove all trained settings your PC "learned" during boot and reset it to defaults.
Sometimes, especially when changing the GPU or RAM, it might cause trouble, if it starts new modules for example with the settings of the previous ones. Normally it should retrain itself, but sometimes it won't.