[SOLVED] My RAM is slow since i upgraded

andrefilipepaulo

Reputable
Sep 13, 2017
So i upgraded my RAM a few months ago and i had this problem sinve i've installed a new ram on my setup.

RAM : Corsair Vengeance LPX Series Low Profile 8 Go DDR4 2666 MHz CL16

They are absolutely the same ! I just bought it separately

The problem is the RAM is recognized on the BIOS but the speed is limited to 2133 mhz instead of 2666 mhz.

My motherboard supports up to 3000 mhz so it's not my motherboard but i have any idea to solve this.

Motherboard : MSI Z370 PC PRO

Solution
The ram is not exactly the same.
Ram from the same vendor and part number can be made up of differing manufacturing components over time.
Ram is sold in kits for a reason.
A motherboard must manage all the ram using the same specs of voltage, cas and speed.
The internal workings are designed for the capacity of the kit.

Some motherboards, can be very sensitive to this.

Likely what is going on is that the motherboard found a setting at 2133 which allows the otherwise incompatible ram to run.

With a Z370 based motherboard, go into the bios and increase the ram voltage a bit.
That sometimes works.
The ram is not exactly the same.
Ram from the same vendor and part number can be made up of differing manufacturing components over time.
Ram is sold in kits for a reason.
A motherboard must manage all the ram using the same specs of voltage, cas and speed.
The internal workings are designed for the capacity of the kit.

Some motherboards, can be very sensitive to this.

Likely what is going on is that the motherboard found a setting at 2133 which allows the otherwise incompatible ram to run.

With a Z370 based motherboard, go into the bios and increase the ram voltage a bit.
That sometimes works.

Solution