Question My RAM read only 300mb, how do i fix this?

Sep 22, 2020
When I overclocked my 8gb ddr3 1333mhz ram, when i open it again it show black screen but after 20mins maybe, it show the windows but it so lag, it hard to move the crosser of the mouse, then i try to check the task manager, it show that my ram was only 300mb and that cause the black screen in startup and the lag. Do i need to replace the ram? Or there is a solution for this? Please help me, i need my computer for my school works.

Sep 22, 2020
That's a strange one.... Never seen that kind of outcome before.
Load into the BIOS and undo your overclock. That should put you back to where you started.
How do i undo the overclocked? I try to reset the cmois in battery method. And i also try to restore the backup that i save.

Sep 22, 2020
You would just 'undo' whatever changes you made to enable to overclock in the first place?

Pulling the CMOS battery for 10 mins should load defaults for the BIOS - which may reset more than the RAM OC you did.
I can't open the app where i overclock my ram, even the other app i cant open due my ram was 300 mb only, should i replace it? If i replace my ram it wouldn't be overclock again? Or i need to reinstall my pc?

Latest posts