[SOLVED] My RAM speed won't go above 2400mhz

Jan 6, 2022
hello guys, sorry for the bad grammar.
so I have RAM with 3200mhz frequency but when I check at task manager the speed is 2400mhz, not 3200mhz. my laptop is Asus TUF fx505dt. btw I just remove my second RAM with 2400mhz frequency

Solution
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Can you check and see if the laptop is pending any BIOS updates? As for your OS, what version(not edition) of Windows 10(assuming you're on Windows 10) are you working with? Have you tried reseating the ram stick that came from the factory(and remove the one you purchased)? Also, please do not mix and match sticks of ram, that's the first mistake you've performed. As a side note, please parse a picture of both sticks of ram in your laptop.

Maximum frequency supported by the Ryzen 5 3550H(assuming you're on that APU, even on the Ryzen 7 variant) is 2400MHz.

Lutfij

Titan

Can you check and see if the laptop is pending any BIOS updates? As for your OS, what version(not edition) of Windows 10(assuming you're on Windows 10) are you working with? Have you tried reseating the ram stick that came from the factory(and remove the one you purchased)? Also, please do not mix and match sticks of ram, that's the first mistake you've performed. As a side note, please parse a picture of both sticks of ram in your laptop.

Maximum frequency supported by the Ryzen 5 3550H(assuming you're on that APU, even on the Ryzen 7 variant) is 2400MHz.

Reactions: Tzeno
Solution
Jan 6, 2022

hello thanks for answering my question. hmm there is no BIOS update in myasus application. my os version is windows 10 with OS build 19042.1415. sorry but I don't know how to resetting the ram stick. and I already remove the other ram rn. its my bad for mix and match ram.

Jan 6, 2022

then what should I do. use 2 stick 3200mhz ram or mix it? because the maximum frequency is 2400mhz.