[SOLVED] My Ram won't go to advertised speeds without crashing my pc.

Mar 22, 2020
AMD Ryzen 2700x

Nvidia RTX 2060 6gbs

G.SKILL TridentZ RGB Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3200

ASUS ROG STRIX B450-F GAMING AM4 AMD B450 SATA 6Gb/s ATX AMD Motherboard

So I have tried multiple different methods like using the default setting, and increasing Ram speed, but it won't let me change the voltage.

I tried using the D.O.C.H.P standard thing which appears to me to change all of the values needed to the factory setting, but whenever I start to play a game after a while the game will crash or my PC will blue screen.

I just really want to get the most out of my Ram, and PC, but I have no idea why my PC won't let me set it. Just a reference point my PC currently has my 3200mhz Ram set to 2133mhz.

Seriously any help would be awesome.

Solution
When I turn on DOCHP it auto selects to 3200mhz. I do not know what the fastest speed 2700x can handle though.
2666 is the fasted memory bus. Otherwise you are overclocking the chip front bus.

You should be able to hit 2866 with a 1.35v and default timings. You'll have to set it in bios manually. If it fails to boot it will reset to lowest speed if that happens step down 1 step and try again.
Mar 22, 2020
What is the max speed for Ryzen 2700? 2666? Does it run at that? When you turn on DOCHP does it match the ram sticks EXACTLY? Perhaps a timing or the voltage is off? You should be able to get it faster than 2133.

When I turn on DOCHP it auto selects to 3200mhz. I do not know what the fastest speed 2700x can handle though.

2666 is the fasted memory bus. Otherwise you are overclocking the chip front bus.

You should be able to hit 2866 with a 1.35v and default timings. You'll have to set it in bios manually. If it fails to boot it will reset to lowest speed if that happens step down 1 step and try again.

Solution
Mar 22, 2020

OK I will give it a try

So as of right now switching the speed to 2866 does seem to have worked.

Thanks bunches!