[SOLVED] My RAM won't run 3200mhz

Feb 9, 2019
I have Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 3200MHz C16 and I can only run them at 3000mhz 16-16-18-36. If I try to put them at 3200 I keep getting blue screens and crashes. They are not in the QVL of the motherboard ( aorus x470 ultra gaming) but I would like them to run at 3200 as it says they should be supported. The processor is a R5 2600.

Solution

If it can run at that then try lowering voltage to get it below 1.4.

If you get it to 1.4V and it seems good, do a memory test. Windows 10 has one built in: in cortana box type Memory Diagnostic and follow the prompts. It will reboot to run the tests out of main windows environment.

If it ONLY runs as high as 1.45 it's kinda your call if the tiny improvement is worth it.

If you aren't an 'expert' and don't want to fiddle too much you're...

I am bold so I'd start at 1.45 and work back down from there. I'd manually set the 4 timings to 18,18,20, 42 and 1.45 volts. if that doesn't work then you will have to really work at the other timings, 27 of them. Not all CPU's are capable of overclocking the MMU to 3200.

If it does work I'd start backing down voltage to find lowest. Then timings..18,18,18,38.

EDIT ADD: oh yes. one other thing that can help a lot. In the advanced timings setting look for something called ProcODT try taking that out of AUTO and varying it in the 40-60 Ohm range. Many will be terrible, possibly crashing right off, but when you find the one that works it can make a major difference in stability.

Feb 9, 2019
The CPU should be able to run at that speed.. I think the problem is the mobo, many people complaining about it having compatibility issues.
Is there no way I can try its default timings?
What If it can run at 1.45 16-16-18-36
I don't really want to mess to much cause I'm not an expert at all

If it can run at that then try lowering voltage to get it below 1.4.

If you get it to 1.4V and it seems good, do a memory test. Windows 10 has one built in: in cortana box type Memory Diagnostic and follow the prompts. It will reboot to run the tests out of main windows environment.

If it ONLY runs as high as 1.45 it's kinda your call if the tiny improvement is worth it.

If you aren't an 'expert' and don't want to fiddle too much you're probably better off leaving it at 3000 as you have it (but run the memory test anyway). Reason is the actual real-world benefit of 3200 vs. 3000 is tiny and arguably not noticeable. That makes it more of a goal for it's own sake than something you'll appreciate.

Solution