Question My recent PC that I built in a rush, any thoughts on component selection?

Fox_Rox

Reputable
Mar 29, 2019
Hello!

Its been a long time since I have been to the forum. Please forgive me if I make mistakes. So, I recently built myself a PC that will be primarily used for Video Editing with Premiere and photo editing with Photoshop and maybe some motion graphics with After effects but mostly editing on Premiere. Due to some “circumstances”, I didn’t had the time to research the components and just bought them on the spot. Following are the components:

i7 12700k CPU
Corsair iCUE H150i ELITE CAPELLIX Liquid CPU Cooler
Asus Z690P MoBo
Corsair 64GB DDR5 5200mhz RAM
Samsung 980 Pro 1TB SSD
EVGA G+ 850W 80+ Gold PSU
MSI Gaming Z Trio 3080 12GB
Corsair 4000D Case

I still can get the parts exchanged as I am under the return window. Please provide your suggestions/feedback on what components I should exchange or upgrade for my workflow needs. All help is appreciated. Thank you!

Fox_Rox

Reputable
Mar 29, 2019
You will need a higher wattage PSU, something akin to a 1.2KW or higher, reliably built, PSU. Outside of that your build is actually well picked!
Thank you for the swift response and the feedback. Are there any specific PSU’s I should be looking at? Or any that you recommend? Also, should I upgrade my motherboard to something else or is it fine?

Fox_Rox

Reputable
Mar 29, 2019
Sorry, I should have mentioned these things beforehand. I am located in Brampton, Canada and I am fine with spending C$100-C$200 on the PSU or whatever amount you believe is essential/worth. Please let me know. Thank you!

Hello!

Its been a long time since I have been to the forum. Please forgive me if I make mistakes. So, I recently built myself a PC that will be primarily used for Video Editing with Premiere and photo editing with Photoshop and maybe some motion graphics with After effects but mostly editing on Premiere. Due to some “circumstances”, I didn’t had the time to research the components and just bought them on the spot. Following are the components:

i7 12700k CPU
Corsair iCUE H150i ELITE CAPELLIX Liquid CPU Cooler
Asus Z690P MoBo
Corsair 64GB DDR5 5200mhz RAM
Samsung 980 Pro 1TB SSD
EVGA G+ 850W 80+ Gold PSU
MSI Gaming Z Trio 3080 12GB
Corsair 4000D Case

I still can get the parts exchanged as I am under the return window. Please provide your suggestions/feedback on what components I should exchange or upgrade for my workflow needs. All help is appreciated. Thank you!
Unless you plan to overclock you could drop back to the 12700 and save a buck.

If you do that you could then use some b660 mobo and save a buck.

I doubt you would see much of a perf diff.