Question My recording is terrible on obs help please

Sep 27, 2019
My recording on on looks rubbish but when I put up my quality frame drop to like 20 but idk why my upload speed on my internet is 500mb and my download speed is 900mb can you please suggest good setting for obs
My pc is Ryzen 2700x
32gb 2666mhz ddr4 ram
1tb ssd 550mb/s
B450 tomahawk
Rx 5700xt
1440p 144hz monitor I’m trying to record at 1440p 60 FPS best quality.please help

Sep 27, 2019
I assumed you tried to stream to some online account since you didn't mentioned.

Try to lower your settings and see what happens. Maybe your selected compression method makes it impossible for your cpu to follow in real time.
I am recording to my local drive under my administrative user and I have lowered my setting but I should theoretically be able to record in good quality that looks the same as what I play on at 60fps

Sep 27, 2019
Well when I open the video I open it either with the default windows video thing or I open it with VLC media. I becomes very laggy and studders a lot. I have seen videos of people recoding with very similar set ups to mine and are recording smooth clean gameplay. My CPU only uses lik 60 percent when recording. I specifically design and built my PC to not have any bottle necks and be able to record smooth 1440p game play. I am really lost when I come to what settings to use to record though.