My recordings won’t record at a good quality!?!

Jan 14, 2019
Ok so I have a YouTube channel and I have been uploading videos and have been streaming but all my videos and streams have been looking really bad and I’m confused if I’m doing something wrong because on my pc I have 4gb of dedicated graphics and an extra 2gb on a graphics card and I play fortnite. Also I have tried different bit rates and it’s really annoying. So please someone help me I’ll put a link to one of my videos so you guys can see the quality https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fjKFNM4CJEQ please help me on becoming a successful streamer/youtubers thanks. Ps I use obs

I'm confused on one point. You have 4gb 'dedicated graphics' memory but the videocard has 2gb of vram? What does that mean? Do you know that system ram and videocard card ram are two different pools of ram? They don't combine.

On the performance side, first you should understand that gaming requires a certain amount of computer resources, both CPU and videocard. Recording your gaming, or streaming it, also requires resources. OBS will use lots of CPU power. Therefore, you need enough CPU to keep the game running smooth AND to give OBS what it needs.

What kind of CPU do you have?

Jan 14, 2019
I have a core i7 8700k and sorry for making it sound confusing but I have a graphics card that has 2gb of vram and I have the h310 a pro motherboard.
And sorry I thought that my motherboard had dedicated graphics

Jan 14, 2019

I did try to use intel quick sync after you telling me this but it would show up in obs as an encoder but when I clicked record it would either crash or say that there was an error.

Jan 14, 2019
Ok thanks guys but I remembered that I had a hdmi port on my motherboard and silly me had the hdmi in the graphics card hdmi the whole time but it still worked! My YouTube videos are going to be looking as fresh as ever! Thanks for the help