Question My RGB Fans are not working?

Elf_Knight

Honorable
Nov 9, 2013
I have some random third party RGB fans from Amazon that I wish I had not gotten because they are a pain to use and very loud. I can't control them with a fan controller app so before you tell me what software to use it won't work. They hook up via molex which i didn't realize would be very annoying to use. It has a proprietary fan hub only for the fans that come in the box and a remote to control the LEDs. It worked for some time but then I unplugged them cause they were too loud. However, I wanted to try and use them since I didn't want my components to overheat and get too dusty. I might just return them to Amazon or use the case fan that comes with my case which is not very good but quieter then the RGB fans. I have two intake fans and one exhaust fan. There are three fan cables that plug into the hub and one extra cable that plugs into the hub and the hub is plugged into a molex cable via the power supply. I don't know if it is a PSU failure or something but when I plug my RGB fans into the hub with the extra cable which I think controls the RGB one way the fans and PC starts but there is no RGB only the fans spinning and the PC works fine. However when I plug the extra cable into the sides of the hub not the end (which is where it works) the PC turns on for one second and then shuts off. However, the RGB is detected as the RGB in the fans lights up but the whole PC shuts off. But when I switch the extra control cable to the end of the hub the PC starts normally and the RGB fans spin but no power comes from the fans. When I leave my RGB fans unplugged the PC works normally and I have been gaming without issue at least in regards to the power supply. I don't think it's a power supply issue but i think maybe the hub stopped working though I didn't do anything that would break it that I know of and it worked for a few weeks without issue but I finally unplugged it since I preferred relative silence over RGB. I think for now I will install the original case fan as intake and have passive exhaust so I have some airflow. I don't have any money for more fans but if I manage to return the RGB fans and get a refund if it is faulty then I will buy normal case fans. Is there anything I am doing wrong however? I know it's a simple fix to get it working but I can't quite figure out what is going wrong with my PC. There is no software to use since it is used via a remote.

Many thanks in advance!

Elf_Knight

Honorable
Nov 9, 2013
Never mind I got the RGB fans and LEDs to work properly. It turns out that I had plugged them in wrong but the hub was labelled so it helped me connect it and they work now. How do I close a thread? Or can the mods close this thread for me?