[SOLVED] My Rig and Upgrades

Jul 7, 2019
Hello there...

I have recently acquired a new computer, i been using it for almost 8 months, a friend of mine helped me build it part by part, and i have been learning a lot, so i have think of some upgrades but also some questions that have popped out in my mind....

My current Rig is:

•RTX 2060 ventus OC.
•Intel Core i5 8400 cooled with corsair H60 AIO.
•16gb DDR4 XPG spectrix adata 2666mhz.
•Motherboard, Asus Rog Strix Z370-i.
•PSU, Corsair TX850 V2 80 plus Bronze Certified.
•2 SSD’s one of 250gb the other 500gb and 1 HDD 2TB.
•Monitor, LG 27UK600-W 4K HDR, i play mostly at 1440p 60fps, i bought it originally for my xbox one x and ps4 pro.

So the questions are?

1) Will my current PSU support an RTX 2080ti?

2) Do you think an intel core i7 8700K will be worth it for upgrading my CPU? Or could my i5 8400 get the job done on an RTX 2080 ti? With that graphics card i will mostly try to hit 4k 60fps, no 1080p. I could also put an i9 9900K but i don’t really want to flash my motherboard.

3) If I upgrade the CPU what kind of cooler will you recommend for a i7 8700K? Or will my H60 be enough?

Thank you for your time and responses.

Solution
Your Psu will do fine for an RTX 2080ti ..... as for upgrading ur cpu it kinda depends to me since u say u been using this rig for 8mnth so an upgrade right now is totaly a waste and if u mean u will upgrade in the far future then at that point there will be new cpu generations and even tougher gpus than 2080ti so its not the time to decide and if u plan to grab RTX 2080ti now it realy depends on a lot of stuff and what games u play but long story short 4k 60fps with that cpu u wont reach

if u want my opinion stick to what u have for now as it is not at all bad its realy solid and think about upgrading after maybe another year unless if u can sell ur current gpu and cpu for a good price and grab 2080ti and i7 9700k (recommend it )...

Gypooo

Reputable
Jul 26, 2016
Your Psu will do fine for an RTX 2080ti ..... as for upgrading ur cpu it kinda depends to me since u say u been using this rig for 8mnth so an upgrade right now is totaly a waste and if u mean u will upgrade in the far future then at that point there will be new cpu generations and even tougher gpus than 2080ti so its not the time to decide and if u plan to grab RTX 2080ti now it realy depends on a lot of stuff and what games u play but long story short 4k 60fps with that cpu u wont reach

if u want my opinion stick to what u have for now as it is not at all bad its realy solid and think about upgrading after maybe another year unless if u can sell ur current gpu and cpu for a good price and grab 2080ti and i7 9700k (recommend it ) then go for it and u dont need to change other things

Solution