Question My rmx750 power cable (the 8pin/eatx one) is confusing me.

Apr 6, 2020
Hi

My rmx750 power cable (the 8pin/eatx one) does not have same shaped pins as MB. One is rounded when the MB matching pin is square. Confused. Basically the top row goes rounded, square, rounded, rounded. The MB goes rounded, square, square,rounded.

To avoid confusion I am not talking PCI-e nor the main ATX connector. Responses along those lines are unhelpful.

Cheers

KrakenRising

DSzymborski

Titan
Let's see some pictures. The RM 750x comes with two 4+4 EPS12V cables and this is the first time I've ever seen anyone have trouble with them not properly fitting into the proper port. It would also be useful for you to let us know what motherboard you have.

It would be gratefully appreciated if you would refrain from instructing people ahead of time as to what questions you feel are unhelpful. Nobody here knows what your level of expertise is, so there are natural questions to ask.

Apr 6, 2020
Hi

Sorry about the instruction. You are right it was impolite. In my partial defence when I talk to people about this the conversation generally starts with me being confused with the PCIe cable or even the main ATX cable which tends to distract.

One thing I noticed is I could still plug the cable in I suspect but worried what would happen if I did.

Cheers

Rounded pinouts are designed to fit into rounded or square ports on hardware, generally speaking if the cable is correct (IE secondary EPS power to the processor) the shape of the pinouts does not matter much..
What motherboard are you using?