[SOLVED] my room smelly musty/light burning, it's because of my PC

Jan 9, 2021
So basically when someone walks into my room after I've been gaming on my pc they say it smells musty or like something is making the room smell bad.

I've cleaned out my setup for dust and I've checked my PSU. I have 4 monitors so I'm not sure if that could be the case. I've sniffed different parts of my setup but haven't been able to find anything.

Here is a link of my hardware monitor: https://pastebin.com/YB5m4veU

I am not really sure how to read this and tell what's wrong if anything wrong with my temperatures. I've also checked for wiring stuck to the motherboard and have found nothing.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Last edited:
Solution
Literally just replied this to another post, but may be applicable here as well.

A possibility that the smell is of a resistor on your mobo or on some component going bad. They smell like a mix but not identical to burning plastic/rubber ish.

What resistors going bad look like They start to swell. Usually on the top, but sometimes on the sides as well. (Also I repaired these for free) This was in an LG Monitor that I'm actually using right now, works perfectly.
Jan 9, 2021
Musty smell is stagnant air. I have a neighbour that never opens a window in his entire house and it's that musty smell. You can't smell the difference because you're used to it.

You know what ya gotta do :)
I understand. When the pc is off the smell isn’t there and I can notice it when I enter or leave my room after periods of time. I open the window from time to time but it’s not practical in the winter and I was just trying to see if there’s potentially anything wrong with my hardware or temps. This smell isn’t in any other room.

Jan 12, 2021
Literally just replied this to another post, but may be applicable here as well.

A possibility that the smell is of a resistor on your mobo or on some component going bad. They smell like a mix but not identical to burning plastic/rubber ish.

What resistors going bad look like They start to swell. Usually on the top, but sometimes on the sides as well. (Also I repaired these for free) This was in an LG Monitor that I'm actually using right now, works perfectly.

Solution