[SOLVED] My roommate's ethernet works fine but mine is at less than a 10th of the speed?

Aug 13, 2020
Our internet package is generally at 800mbps, my roommates PC, my phone, our tv's ect all show upper 700's with everything on, for some reason my PC started only getting about 40mbps. I've tried swapping ports, reinstalling drivers, I'm worried I'm going to have to fully reset windows to see if that's a problem, or if my moba (I've only had it for 3 months) suddenly broke somehow.
I'm at a loss, any idea?

Moba - Aorus Z370 Pro
CPU - I9-9900k
GPU - Aorus 2080 SUPER
RAM - 32GB 3200mhz Corsair Vengeance
Not sure what else I need to put

Solution
Ensure that your PC only has one network adapter enabled. Should be the wired network adapter as I understand your post. If the PC has a wireless adapter then that wireless adapter should be disabled.

From the Command Prompt run "ipconfig /flushdns".

Failing that, run and post the results of "ipconfig /all".

kanewolf

Titan
Our internet package is generally at 800mbps, my roommates PC, my phone, our tv's ect all show upper 700's with everything on, for some reason my PC started only getting about 40mbps. I've tried swapping ports, reinstalling drivers, I'm worried I'm going to have to fully reset windows to see if that's a problem, or if my moba (I've only had it for 3 months) suddenly broke somehow.
I'm at a loss, any idea?

Moba - Aorus Z370 Pro
CPU - I9-9900k
GPU - Aorus 2080 SUPER
RAM - 32GB 3200mhz Corsair Vengeance
Not sure what else I need to put
Start with a brand new, factory made cat5e, 100% copper, non-flat ethernet cable.
Make sure you don't have any Gigabyte software running that impacts your network. I see something called "Game Boost" in the list of features.

Aug 13, 2020
I'm not sure where to find/disable any of these gigabyte apps, I tried updating drivers, flashing bios, power cycling, and booting in safe mode, still no luck, I'm running these while watching my roommates PC to see if his internet is dipping and it isnt. Tried his cable as well, no luck.

Ralston18

Titan
Ensure that your PC only has one network adapter enabled. Should be the wired network adapter as I understand your post. If the PC has a wireless adapter then that wireless adapter should be disabled.

From the Command Prompt run "ipconfig /flushdns".

Failing that, run and post the results of "ipconfig /all".

Solution