[SOLVED] My router disconnects all the users from the wifi network

raziol03

Prominent
Jan 7, 2019
Hello,

I have a D-Link 2750U wireless router, and every now and then it disconnects all the users from the wifi network. And when I try to reconnect to it, it sais:
"Network access denied"
I have to do the age old technic of shutting it off and then turning it back on to access the wifi.
I did a factory reset, and didn't change any wireless router settings but the problem still persists.

Do you have any suggestions about how to resolve this issue?

Note: I had this problem in my old router and I got a new one (mentioned above) but the problem came back.

Solution
Hold on downgrading the firmware.

Before downgrading the router's firmware, I would first take a closer look at the power connections serving the router.

Ensure that the wall outlet connection and power plug into the router are fully and firmly in place.

Also pay attention to the front panel LEDs per Section 2.1 of the User Manual. Especially when service is lost.

Another potential culprit is the splitter (also referred to as a filter). Basically a very small device that has an incoming connection from your ISP (likely a wall jack) along with two outgoing wires.

One wire to telephone system and the other wire to the router. Splitters can and do fail.

Ralston18

Titan
If you did a factory reset then you did change the router's settings: i.e., back to the factory default configuration values.

You stated "it disconnects all users from the wifi network" - what about wired users?

Do you have the router's User Manual?

If not, does the following User Guide link a match to your router?

https://global.dlink.com.sg/site_support/DSL-2750U/Manual/DSL-2750U_T1_Manual_v1.pdf

Also, what make and model was the previous/old router?

raziol03

Prominent
Jan 7, 2019
If you did a factory reset then you did change the router's settings: i.e., back to the factory default configuration values.

You stated "it disconnects all users from the wifi network" - what about wired users?

Do you have the router's User Manual?

If not, does the following User Guide link a match to your router?

https://global.dlink.com.sg/site_support/DSL-2750U/Manual/DSL-2750U_T1_Manual_v1.pdf

Also, what make and model was the previous/old router?
Before I did a factory reset, I tinkered a little bit with wifi channels and bandwidth (channel 6 and 20mhz bandwidth). So naturally I thought that this was the cause of the problem. But when I turned everything back to default, the problem persisted.
Also, to answer your second question, yes, wired users also get disconnected.
I have found a possible sollution in the web, which states that I should downgrade the firmware to an older version and see if that works.
I will try it and post some updates in this thread.

Ralston18

Titan

Before downgrading the router's firmware, I would first take a closer look at the power connections serving the router.

Ensure that the wall outlet connection and power plug into the router are fully and firmly in place.

Also pay attention to the front panel LEDs per Section 2.1 of the User Manual. Especially when service is lost.

Another potential culprit is the splitter (also referred to as a filter). Basically a very small device that has an incoming connection from your ISP (likely a wall jack) along with two outgoing wires.

One wire to telephone system and the other wire to the router. Splitters can and do fail.

Solution

raziol03

Prominent
Jan 7, 2019

I honestly forgot about those two !
I will change the filter and the power outlet and see if that solves the problem.