Question My RTX 2060 Gigabyte OC version overheats when gaming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 8, 2021
Hello, Tom's Hardware community.
I bought an RTX 2060 recently, and so far, it runs pretty smooth while I play, I get 100+ fps better than my laptop, but I noticed that my RTX 2060 was overheating.

I also noticed that the card is overclocked by itself, and it reaches 80+ Celsius while I play call of duty.

My PC airflow is fantastic, and the processor does not overheat, except my GPU.

Do you guys have any experience to stop my overclocked GPU from being destroyed?

Thank you, LL

By the way, this RTX is an overclocked GPU. It doesn't run stock as default.

Low to mid 80’s are ok, not dangerous. Does your case allow for fans at the bottom? I’ve seen adding fans at the bottom blowing up into the gpu area drop gpu temps up to 5c. Most case airflow front to back goes straight over the top of the gpu and not underneath the gpu where it’s air intake is.

Hello LL83562. Did you purchase the RTX 2060 new from a common online retailer? (e.g. Amazon, NewEgg, etc). What's the model of your Gigabyte RTX 2060? Are all fans spinning while you're gaming? Could you take a photo of your GPU inside of your case, upload it to imgur, and share the link here? I wonder if one of your fans are not spinning. Perhaps a fan curve that's gone awry? While, you're at it, could you please list your entire specs, including your power supply's mfg/model? Thank you.

Question: Just to be clear, you yourself did not apply an overclock to the GPU, correct? The only OC is from the factory?

Nov 8, 2021
Hello LL83562. Did you purchase the RTX 2060 new from a common online retailer? (e.g. Amazon, NewEgg, etc). What's the model of your Gigabyte RTX 2060? Are all fans spinning while you're gaming? Could you take a photo of your GPU inside of your case, upload it to imgur, and share the link here? I wonder if one of your fans are not spinning. Perhaps a fan curve that's gone awry? While, you're at it, could you please list your entire specs, including your power supply's mfg/model? Thank you.

Question: Just to be clear, you yourself did not apply an overclock to the GPU, correct? The only OC is from the factory?

It's a 2060 Gigabyte OC. from Newegg. Fans spin while gaming. The gpu is mount vertical.
NVIDIA
GPU SeriesNVIDIA GeForce RTX 20 Series
GPU GeForce RTX 2060
Core Clock 1755 MHz
CUDA Cores 1920
Memory
Effective Memory Clock 14000 MHz
Memory Size6GB
Memory Interface 192-Bit
Memory TypeGDDR6
3D API
DirectX DirectX 12