[SOLVED] My rtx 2070 gaming 8g video card does not work with Vulkan api technology

Vall24

Prominent
Sep 7, 2019
Hello my gigabyte rtx 2070 gaming 8g video card does not work with Vulkan technology in the DOOM Demo game, in the benchmarks BasemarkGPU, GFXBench.
With OpenGL and DirectX 12 technologies, everything works in the same applications.
Reinstalled drivers with clean installation v436.15
BIOS latest version
Is my video card not working?

ryzen 2700x
asus x470 prime pro
rtx 2070

Sorry for my English.

Try this. You have to set the API back to Vulkan via the .cfg file. The file should be located in [USERNAME/Saved Games/id Software/DOOM/base/] and it's a file named "DOOMConfig.local",

There is a line (r_renderAPI) - change the number "0" to "1" to reset the rendering API back to Vulkan. Save your changes. For OpenGL i think you need the 0 value.

IF the above method doesn't work, then try this: Right click Doom, go to "Set Launch Options" type in "+r_renderAPI -1" without quotes. It hopefully should work.

MGux3DL.png

Vall24

Prominent
Sep 7, 2019
Try this. You have to set the API back to Vulkan via the .cfg file. The file should be located in [USERNAME/Saved Games/id Software/DOOM/base/] and it's a file named "DOOMConfig.local",

There is a line (r_renderAPI) - change the number "0" to "1" to reset the rendering API back to Vulkan. Save your changes. For OpenGL i think you need the 0 value.

IF the above method doesn't work, then try this: Right click Doom, go to "Set Launch Options" type in "+r_renderAPI -1" without quotes. It hopefully should work.

MGux3DL.png
I already tried this method r_renderAPI just switches DOOM to on OpenGL
Benchmarks and games on OpenGL and DirectX12 work well. The problem is with Vulkan