[SOLVED] My RX 480 is not picking up drivers ?

May 15, 2022
i am using msi rx 480 4gb with ryzen 5 3500x
Whenever i install gpu driver it gets installed but gives error that gpu is not supporting the drivers. Whenever i play game after few minutes of play the game shut down and i come to desktop screen automatically. and some of my games are also lagging and show sudden fps drops. What is the issue ?

Solution
reddragon 600 watt psu

This PSU might be your culprit then, IMO. Redragon is a low-budget Chinese brand, if I'm not mistaken, and I wouldn't use this PSU at least to power up any gaming rig, let alone any powerful discrete GPU.

Honestly speaking, if you ask me I don't trust this Redragon PSU brand. It's a lesser known brand when it comes to PSUs. So I think this PSU model might be giving sudden shut down, or a timed out error as well. So I will always recommend you try to grab a HIGH quality model from any known/reputed PSU manufacturer/brand.

Redragon brand is actually owned by Eastern Times Technology group, and has been around since the mid 90's, They mostly make keyboards and mice and other peripherals, for the...
Kindly provide full and proper PC specs. Are you installing the correct driver version, e.g. 32 or 64 bit, and selecting the correct OS version as well (Windows 10, 11 etc.) ? What kind of Error message is being displayed?

How are you playing games, if there is no GPU driver installed ? Does your Motherboard supports iGPU, integrated graphics processor in-built ? If yes, then first of all make sure you plug the Monitor's cable to the GPU's port, and not the mobo.

Try doing a CLEAN re-install and update of the GPU driver from AMD's website. Remove and delete all previous entries. Is the GPU recognized in the OS's Device Manager settings ?

Can you also post a GPU-Z screenshot, if possible, assuming the drivers are installed ?

May 15, 2022
pnr9Qd5ap

Kindly provide full and proper PC specs. Are you installing the correct driver version, e.g. 32 or 64 bit, and selecting the correct OS version as well (Windows 10, 11 etc.) ? What kind of Error message is being displayed?

How are you playing games, if there is no GPU driver installed ? Does your Motherboard supports iGPU, integrated graphics processor in-built ? If yes, then first of all make sure you plug the Monitor's cable to the GPU's port, and not the mobo.

Try doing a CLEAN re-install and update of the GPU driver from AMD's website. Remove and delete all previous entries. Is the GPU recognized in the OS's Device Manager settings ?

Can you also post a GPU-Z screenshot, if possible, assuming the drivers are installed ?

thankyou for your response
my full specs are:

gigabyte A520M S2H mobo
amd ryzen 5 3500x
MSI amd rx 480 4gb
reddragon 600 watt psu
16 gb 3200mhz RAM

i have try clean reinstalling driver but same.
Driver gets installed but when i start a game after 5 minutes of play the game shut down and i come to desktop automatically, some games don't shut down but shows a big lag or slow down between game. I have tried reinstalling windows and drivers serveral times. sometimes it gives error that "amd driver timed out" or amd is not picking up driver and even it happens 2 to 3 times that gpu driver automatically gets uninstalled. I have attached the gpuz screen shot.

reddragon 600 watt psu

This PSU might be your culprit then, IMO. Redragon is a low-budget Chinese brand, if I'm not mistaken, and I wouldn't use this PSU at least to power up any gaming rig, let alone any powerful discrete GPU.

Honestly speaking, if you ask me I don't trust this Redragon PSU brand. It's a lesser known brand when it comes to PSUs. So I think this PSU model might be giving sudden shut down, or a timed out error as well. So I will always recommend you try to grab a HIGH quality model from any known/reputed PSU manufacturer/brand.

Redragon brand is actually owned by Eastern Times Technology group, and has been around since the mid 90's, They mostly make keyboards and mice and other peripherals, for the Indo-Asian markets, but PSUs are not their main focus.

As a general rule of thumb and advice, a cheap generic/standard low-end PSU is prone to failure soon, than the units made by reputed brands like SEASONIC, Corsair, BE QUIET, EVGA Supernova, PC Power & Cooling, ANTEC , XFX, Super Flower, OCZ, just to name a few. The OEM also matters a lot, instead of the actual PSU brand.

Because a lot of peeps actually SKIMP on the PSU, which is the MOST important PC component.

Last edited:
Solution

TRENDING THREADS