Question My RX 570 stops display output while i run heavy load

Mar 5, 2022
okay, so I got this issue a few days ago. where when I was playing Valorant my display just went black. and then I had no display output out of the GPU. while my pc was still working(i could hear audio), I got no display output. waited for a few minutes hoping for it to work again, I had no luck. I ended up just holding down the power button and restarting the pc. Surprisingly here I got the display output and headed into the bios. nothing looked weird. everything showed up fine. then when I booted into windows the system felt a little choppy than usual. I went to device manager and found out my graphics card had been disabled. probably cuz it crashed. after enabling it I got this under my GPU device status

seeing it was a driver issue I reinstalled AMD drivers. after that my pc was back to normal. but I tried to load up Valorant and the same thing happened again. And I resolved the issue again using the same method. Does anyone know a way to fix this?

here r my specs:

Intel Core i5-4690S
XFX Rx 570 4gig
240 GB SSD
Asus H81M-E motherboard
GPU driver installed: adrenalin-2020-21.10.2

gpuz when after the crash without reinstalling drivers

Last edited:
Mar 5, 2022
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Make and model of the PSU in your build? Age of the unit as well? What version(not edition) of Windows 10 are you working with?
It is a 550W GMC PSU couldn't find a model number (it's kind of a cheap GPU that came preinstalled with the case. I've been meaning to change it)

the unit is about 2 years old I would say

I am currently using windows 10 Pro 21H1 build 19043.1348

Mar 5, 2022
UPDATE: I tried downgrading the drivers. after doing that it still crashes after running a benchmark. but I noticed that my GPU spikes to 92 degrees and when I rebooted after that the drivers were all doing fine. so improvement ig. I'm gonna repaste my GPU seeing if it will help

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS