[SOLVED] MY RX 570 SUDDENLY WONT WORK :(

Dec 20, 2020
So I just finished building my new pc. I tried to run it, but suddenly it wont even get to post. I have used it the day before then boom, no display, no fans working on the gpu, and the debug led on the board stays on VGA .Then I swapped it out with an old GTX 730 and it was working fine.

What seems to be the problem? Did my gpu
suddenly died on me? or there is another culprit?

My other question is can a Gpu with an 8pin power connector run or even turn on with just the power from Pcie without extra power from the Psu? If thats the case, then my Gpu is really busted cause I tried to run it without the extra power when I was troubleshooting and I was trying to blame maybe its just the cables. But still no signs of life.

Ryzen 5 2600
Msi b450m Mortar Max
Sapphire pulse rx 570 4gb
Avexir core II 2x8gb
corsair cx550m

This is my first time posting here btw. TIA!!

Solution
what would be the best upgrade from rx 570? and also a good match for my ryzen 5 2600 and upto ryzen 5 3600 (future upgrade) Thanks!

Possible upgrade: should be any possible 6GB VRam GPU, regardless the CPU.

Should assume the rx 570 is dead by now, try plug it on another PC if possible.

SM/Madao

Great
Jul 2, 2020
to your question "does GPU able to run without External 8pin Power = Yes, the GPU "Will Display" but warn you to connect the External Power. Not all Motherboard will give this kind futured thought.

GPU Run without External cable 8pin will not harm it. It may run but warn you too plug external power in order too proceed.

Next to identify does GPU Alive or not, connect your GPU on bottom PCIE. it has lesser capability than primary PCIE but should be enough to run the GPU Display without gaming.

If it turn with display, "Motherboard or CPU" likely culprit.
If it does not, GPU likely dead.

Last edited:

iiSlashr

Reputable
Mar 10, 2019
So I just finished building my new pc. I tried to run it, but suddenly it wont even get to post. I have used it the day before then boom, no display, no fans working on the gpu, and the debug led on the board stays on VGA .Then I swapped it out with an old GTX 730 and it was working fine.

What seems to be the problem? Did my gpu
suddenly died on me? or there is another culprit?

My other question is can a Gpu with an 8pin power connector run or even turn on with just the power from Pcie without extra power from the Psu? If thats the case, then my Gpu is really busted cause I tried to run it without the extra power when I was troubleshooting and I was trying to blame maybe its just the cables. But still no signs of life.

Ryzen 5 2600
Msi b450m Mortar Max
Sapphire pulse rx 570 4gb
Avexir core II 2x8gb
corsair cx550m

This is my first time posting here btw. TIA!!
You need all of the cables plugged in to boot. Ensure you've properly connected everything in the system, make sure you have the CPU properly mounted on the CPU, etc.

Dec 20, 2020
to your question "does GPU able to run without External 8pin Power = Yes, the GPU "Will Display" but warn you to connect the External Power. Not all Motherboard will give this kind futured thought.

GPU Run without External cable 8pin will not harm it. It may run but warn you too plug external power in order too proceed.

Next to identify does GPU Alive or not, connect your GPU on bottom PCIE. it has lesser capability than primary PCIE but should be enough to run the GPU Display without gaming.

Thank you for answering my question!

I already tried the bottom pcie with both of the cards (rx 570 and the old gtx 730).

The nvidia card was working, still no luck on the Rx 570.

Dec 20, 2020
You need all of the cables plugged in to boot. Ensure you've properly connected everything in the system, make sure you have the CPU properly mounted on the CPU, etc.
Im 100% sure that everything is connected. Besides, my gtx 730 was working fine.

I also did elimination, both with Gtx 730 and rx 570. The systems fine with gtx 730. Even reinstalled new Os without any problems. but no luck with the rx 570. no post, no nothing. Cant even get to the bios

Im 100% sure that everything is connected. Besides, my gtx 730 was working fine.

I also did elimination, both with Gtx 730 and rx 570. The systems fine with gtx 730. Even reinstalled new Os without any problems. but no luck with the rx 570. no post, no nothing. Cant even get to the bios
Make sure you are seating the RX 570 into the PCIE slot fully. Check that you are using the 6+2 pin PCIE cable and not the 4+4 or 8pin CPU PCIE cable. Lastly, check that you have fully plugged in the modular PCIE cable to the power supply itself, because sometimes they won't work if it's not fully plugged in.

Dec 20, 2020

what would be the best upgrade from rx 570? and also a good match for my ryzen 5 2600 and upto ryzen 5 3600 (future upgrade) Thanks!