Jun 28, 2020
I have a rx 570 4gb using on my gaming pc build but I always been using a 300wat power supply 😅😅 so yesterday I tried turning on my pc all the fans come on but the graphics card won’t power up I try removing it and my pc boot on normally so am wondering if because my power supply not powerful enough it’s it not powering the graphics card again or my graphics card went bad ? But I been using it on the 300wat power supply for about 4 weeks

Jun 28, 2020
Well I used that similar build on my r9 270 I cut off a 6 pin of a old psu and I been over 6 months and it works well but I guess the rx 570 use way more power so that won’t work

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Well I used that similar build on my r9 270 I cut off a 6 pin of a old psu and I been over 6 months and it works well but I guess the rx 570 use way more power so that won’t work
You are lucky that you didn't start a fire. You need to replace your current PSU with one sufficient to power your system properly.

What is your budget for a replacement PSU and from where do you purchase parts?

COLGeek

Cybernaut
A solid 550-650w PSU will meet your needs. Good PSUs are hard to find right now due to supply chain issues associated with COVID-19.

I took a quick spin around eBay and only saw a few PSUs in your price range. Shipping was all US only.

Take a look at some listings that look good to you and then post them here. We can help you pick out something that will meet your needs.

Jun 28, 2020
Ok I will but I’m planning on building this
I5 6600k
Msi rx 570 4gb
16 gb ram ddr3
Dell optiplex motherboard
Cooler master heat sink
250ssd
2tb hdd
So how much watts do I need ?