Question My rx 580 feels alot worse and laggy and less reliably nowadays.

Jul 31, 2021
Okay so, for some reason, i feel like my rx 580's performance has degraded by quite a bit, or maybe it's always been like this but, i see people with cpus that are only like 10% better than my current cpu (i7 3770, old but still decent) with an rx 580 and they get sometimes 3x my fps.

In minecraft, my fps is terrible, it's that of an integrated gpu (the cpu gpu things).
In gta 5, the fps is also terrible, it feels like it runs at 40 fps on high and very high, where as in rx 580 videos they get like 120 fps.

In the rest of games it's fps is pretty alright but still way less than it should be.

Like in gta 5 and minecraft, my old gpu, which was a gtx 660, literally preformed twice as better despite being around 3x worse.

Is dust destroying my graphics card and making it less reliable or something, how can i fix my fps, please help me.

It's weird because my old setup (Gtx 660, i5 3340s, 8gb ram,) ran alot smoother at like 60 or 70 fps at very high from what i remember, yet my objectively better setup is running alot worse.
Did you DDU the drivers? Also your PSU is kinda bad maybe swap it for a new model. Should really swap them after the warranty runs out anyway.

Also check you’re not running DSR or rendering at over 100-% scale in games.

Jul 31, 2021
Did you DDU the drivers? Also your PSU is kinda bad maybe swap it for a new model. Should really swap them after the warranty runs out anyway.

Also check you’re not running DSR or rendering at over 100-% scale in games.
Yeah i'm 95% sure i DDU'd the drivers when i got the rx 580, also pretty sure my PSU should be completely fine for this setup, i didn't build this pc so yeah.

Also what's DSR? and what do you mean by rendering at over 100-%?

Yeah i'm 95% sure i DDU'd the drivers when i got the rx 580, also pretty sure my PSU should be completely fine for this setup, i didn't build this pc so yeah.

Also what's DSR? and what do you mean by rendering at over 100-%?
Just because it says 500W doesn’t mean it can do that now

Dynamic super resolution where it renders at say 4K and downscales to 1080p. And in the settings of games you can set the resolution to over 100% of the display resolution.

DomisAcuteperson

Commendable
Oct 22, 2020
wipe windows thats what ive done before with my 1070 it lagged so much reset windows ran like a charm again back up anything you need and just wipe it set up a restore point if it does not work