Question My RX 580 keeps shutting off after a little while of playing and I’m new to pc building.

Oct 10, 2020
I have a 500 watt PSU which I was told would work, but the dang thing won’t stay on for more than five minutes. There is also this PCIE power 6 pin on my mother board which I can’t reach with the 6x2 pin that that splits off of the one they give me for the GPU. I don’t know if that’s the Problem but any advice would be welcome. I have tried tons of things like reinstalling the drivers and all sorts of monitor and display cable changes.

I have a 500 watt PSU which I was told would work, but the dang thing won’t stay on for more than five minutes. There is also this PCIE power 6 pin on my mother board which I can’t reach with the 6x2 pin that that splits off of the one they give me for the GPU. I don’t know if that’s the Problem but any advice would be welcome. I have tried tons of things like reinstalling the drivers and all sorts of monitor and display cable changes.
Motherboards don't have PCIe cables connected to them. PCIe cables go from the PSU directly to the video card. Is this a prebuilt computer from HP or Dell? List your detailed system specs for everything. Saying you have a 500 watt PSU tells us nothing.

Please list your specs in this format.
Include brand and model for each item.
CPU:
CPU cooler:
Motherboard:
RAM:
Storage:
GPU:
PSU Brand, model and age:
Display resolution and refresh rate: