[SOLVED] My rx570 8gb have only 4gb? xDD

Solution
Task manager shows correctly.
Those 8 GB shown there results from adding the Shared GPU memory too... the other 4 GB can be shared from your RAM (not VRAM) with the GPU. The additional memory might be used if an application asks for more VRAM than the card has.

Dedicated GPU memory is what your GPU actually has... it's 4GB.

Also, MSI Kombustor is using only 2GB because that's what it needs during the benchmark... it won't use all of your VRAM if it doesn't need to.
Task manager shows correctly.
Those 8 GB shown there results from adding the Shared GPU memory too... the other 4 GB can be shared from your RAM (not VRAM) with the GPU. The additional memory might be used if an application asks for more VRAM than the card has.

Dedicated GPU memory is what your GPU actually has... it's 4GB.

Also, MSI Kombustor is using only 2GB because that's what it needs during the benchmark... it won't use all of your VRAM if it doesn't need to.

Solution
Oct 21, 2020
Thats for sure...

Comforts me that I check differences in fps in some games, between 4gb and 8gb, sometimes there is no difference, or 8gb have a little more fps...

Thats for sure...

Comforts me that I check differences in fps in some games, between 4gb and 8gb, sometimes there is no difference, or 8gb have a little more fps...

There shouldn't be any difference if the game requires less than 4GB of VRAM... both variants use the same GPU basically, just more memory on the 8GB version.
On higher resolutions(1440p, 4k) or textures where the game requires more than 4GB the difference will become notable... you might encounter stutters, textures not loading properly and so on. The card might also try to access that shared memory, but that'll be much slower compared to its VRAM, hence lower framerates.

If you're playing at 1080p, that's after all the intended resolution for this GPU, you should be fine and the card will be identical to the 8GB variant in most cases.

Last edited: