• Pardon our dust as we work on some regularly scheduled forum maintenance. You may notice some missing features during this time. Thank you for your patience!

Question My RX570 is rattling (only sometimes and not so loud though), suggestion ?

dsr07mm

Honorable
Aug 26, 2013
So I noticed lately since I'm turning off my AC, that my RX570 tend sometimes to rattle (fans). It's not annoying or anything but it brought my attention.
If I slightly push card towards motherboard or from bottom to up, rattling is gone. I tried re-inserting GPU, nothing changes though. I'm not sure is this happening since I bought card since I never paid attention.

I'm wondering, for the sake of GPU and long-term playing on it, is it any more better to place something under card to pressure it and eliminate rattle noise or it's same even if I leave it ? Wouldn't like eventually fans to die faster or something like that. Everything works fine in terms of performance/temps and so on.

So it's not that I can hear it while gaming, but for the sake of GPU. As I said, it's random, even if fans are at 55% all the time while I game, sometimes rattle, sometimes not.

dsr07mm

Honorable
Aug 26, 2013
Maybe the GPU fan bearing is loose ?
Not sure, I was out of PC hardware for 2-3 years, wouldn't like to do anything more then something like what I suggested for example in first post :)

Is it something normal ? This is first card without coilwhine aswel, if rattle noise is something regular aswel I can live with it. But for the sake of GPU and lifespan.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS