[SOLVED] My ryzen 1700x idles at 75 and NEVER goes down

Dec 16, 2020
Hello everyone! Before I take my big ol hunk of heat to microcenter I thought I'd get some opinions as nothing is really showing up that can help me in a search. I have a ryzen 1700x with a nzxt kraken m22 single fan front mounted with two 140mm fans also front mounted. 1x140mm rear exhaust and 1x140 top rear exhaust. I'm running a 2070rtx gpu that never goes over 50 as I don't play any heavily graphic games. My PSU is a evga Supernova 850G+. I'll insert some images. I'm afraid to run a userbenchmark as I think my computer will literally explode. My friend built it and I'm not sure what he did when it comes to overclocking etc. I kind of wish I just stuck with a normal cpu air cooler, I never had this issue in all my years of computing...first time getting an AIO and this happens. Any insight is welcome. Dust free machine/cable management is on point. Thank you so much to anyone that responds. I am in dire need to get this fixed and am really close to just taking it to a tech.

Solution
I would take the heatsink off and make sure the thermal compound wasnt forgotten, and then make sure to put it back properly so that there isnt any air between the sink and the cpu
Is the cooler pump working properly?
Could you mount the radiator higher than the pump and see if the temperature goes down.
Instead of having it on the middle, could you place it on the top spot and have the tubing at the top.
Also you could place it on the top panel.
Download and run NZXT CAM to keep track of the cooler performance.

Last edited:
Dec 16, 2020
Is the cooler pump working properly?
Could you mount the radiator higher than the pump and see if the temperatures go down.
Instead of having it on the middle, could you place it on the top spot and have the tubing at the top.
Also you could place it on the top panel.
Download and run NZXT CAM to keep track of the cooler performance.
This is what CAM is saying. Do you gather anything from this?

Dec 16, 2020
I would take the heatsink off and make sure the thermal compound wasnt forgotten, and then make sure to put it back properly so that there isnt any air between the sink and the cpu

Reactions: MR_BROCK
Solution