[SOLVED] My Ryzen 2700x alters between high and low temps in an endless loop which makes the fan noisy every 15 seconds

maillet

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2014
Hi! My Ryzen 2700x cpu goes from low to high temps in an endless loop all the time. it makes the fan noisy every 15 seconds so the temp goes back down. i wonder what could cause this. thanks for your time!

Solution
First, try using the MOTHERBOARD FAN SOFTWARE if you haven't done so. Maybe try setting the fan to 40% max RPM up to 50degC then ramp up to 80degC full load.

Unless there is some weird problem then keeping the FAN SPEED higher than the lowest (20%?) may keep the fluctuating TEMPERATURE lower than what triggers the fan to change speed.

Otherwise you might need to either experiment with the CPU setup or buy a better cooler.

(not sure what's exactly going on but it almost seems like either the CPU temperature is spiking and/or the motherboard fan control is too aggressive in how quickly it triggers the fan to change... a bigger HEATSINK also helps reduce how much the heat swings before a fan ramps)
First, try using the MOTHERBOARD FAN SOFTWARE if you haven't done so. Maybe try setting the fan to 40% max RPM up to 50degC then ramp up to 80degC full load.

Unless there is some weird problem then keeping the FAN SPEED higher than the lowest (20%?) may keep the fluctuating TEMPERATURE lower than what triggers the fan to change speed.

Otherwise you might need to either experiment with the CPU setup or buy a better cooler.

(not sure what's exactly going on but it almost seems like either the CPU temperature is spiking and/or the motherboard fan control is too aggressive in how quickly it triggers the fan to change... a bigger HEATSINK also helps reduce how much the heat swings before a fan ramps)

Solution