Question My Ryzen 2700x has in some way locked itself in 3.200ghz

Jan 29, 2020
Im trying to play and im confused when i go to the bios overclock to 4200mhz and it works some times during normal browsing but ingame it drops back to 3.200ghz. Ryzen master is also telling me about its at 3.200ghz and Msi Afterburner overlay. help would be appreciated

Jan 29, 2020
What's your CPU temps?

Edit: Also use High Performance or Ryzen power plan.
Yeah my temps never go above 58 under load and i use high performance and ive tried Ryzen power plan but nothing fixes it

Edit: just now found out in overwatch that the instant i tab out of it it goes to 4000mhz and when i tab back in its back to 3200mhz

Last edited:
Yeah my temps never go above 58 under load and i use high performance and ive tried Ryzen power plan but nothing fixes it

Edit: just now found out in overwatch that the instant i tab out of it it goes to 4000mhz and when i tab back in its back to 3200mhz
Do you have any power saving features enabled in bios?
Try manually setting your CPU speed in bios and see if its still 3.2Ghz.

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
Suggest going into BIOS and resetting to defaults. Leave everything stock and check to see if the issue resolved. If not, I might even consider a quick reset of Windows just to see, not really that I would expect that to fix it unless there is more going on that we know. Aside from those fixing this, it might be time to look into tech support/warranty if such exist.