[SOLVED] My Ryzen 5 3600 goes down to 0.8GHz while gaming ?

Vectao

Commendable
Nov 30, 2019
I'm not totally sure if this is the correct place to ask for help as I'm not sure if the issue is my CPU or my mobo, but recently I had to buy a new mobo and a new PSU due to my older mobo simply died due to a short and it took my PSU with it and right after installing this mobo I saw that when I'm gaming, my CPU clock goes down to 0.8GHz, temperatures are normal, BIOS is up to date just like all the drivers installed, I've already tried to run the games while CnQ was set to "OFF" but the issue kept happening and the "OC" was set to automatic too, what are your suggestions on what could I do to probably fix it?

Mobo: GALAX B550M (non-EX)
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600
RAM: 2x Ballistix Crucial 8GB 3000MHz
GPU: AMD Radeon XFX RX 580 8 GB
PSU: Corsair CV 550 80+ Bronze
CPU Cooler: Husky Hurricane

Solution
So, it's been over a month since my last message and only remembered to give a little solution and report what was the issue, it ended up to be the motherboard, it seems that it had some issues with the CPU controller which after playing for some time it thought the CPU was way hotter than it actually was (the max temp was 77ºC~170ºF) and it throttled the CPU down to cool it a bit, since then I've changed the motherboard and it's working like a charm, another thing that was getting me was an intermittent black screen, which was easily fixed with an HDMI cable swap.

Hope everyone is doing great and thanks to all of those that tried to help me.
I'm not totally sure if this is the correct place to ask for help as I'm not sure if the issue is my CPU or my mobo, but recently I had to buy a new mobo and a new PSU due to my older mobo simply died due to a short and it took my PSU with it and right after installing this mobo I saw that when I'm gaming, my CPU clock goes down to 0.8GHz, temperatures are normal, BIOS is up to date just like all the drivers installed, I've already tried to run the games while CnQ was set to "OFF" but the issue kept happening and the "OC" was set to automatic too, what are your suggestions on what could I do to probably fix it?

Mobo: GALAX B550M (non-EX)
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600
RAM: 2x Ballistix Crucial 8GB 3000MHz
GPU: AMD Radeon XFX RX 580 8 GB
PSU: Corsair CV 550 80+ Bronze
CPU Cooler: Husky Hurricane
Also reset CMOS...then do a clean install of Windows. Although you might get away with a repair install with in-place upgrade if you didn't also install the previous motherboard's full set of utilities.

Be sure to install chipset drivers you get ONLY from the AMD website.

Clocks dropping to .8Ghz (800 Mhz) suggests the CPU is going into a protection mode that's typical of running way over temperature. Hopefuly the CMOS reset and Windows re-install will fix it up.

Vectao

Commendable
Nov 30, 2019
Also reset CMOS...then do a clean install of Windows. Although you might get away with a repair install with in-place upgrade if you didn't also install the previous motherboard's full set of utilities.

Be sure to install chipset drivers you get ONLY from the AMD website.

Clocks dropping to .8Ghz (800 Mhz) suggests the CPU is going into a protection mode that's typical of running way over temperature. Hopefuly the CMOS reset and Windows re-install will fix it up.
Gonna take my pc to the store this next monday so someone cna take a look at it just to be sure it isn't hardware related, will ask them to do a new windows 10 reinstall to check if that fixes the issue if the ACPI doesn't, cheers

Vectao

Commendable
Nov 30, 2019
Wasn't able to post a reply as I'm dealing with some stuff in life, tomorrow I might have time to use the pc properly, then I'll try Resetting the CMOS as the ACPI hasn't fixed the issue unfortunately.

Vectao

Commendable
Nov 30, 2019
So, i've been checking some stuff up as I wasn't able to take my pc to the store this week, but i've been thinking that the issue might be related to thermal throttling, everything runs fine and after some time gaming the clock goes down, I was using OCCT to check the CPU temp but it seems to be off, while using HWMonitor and Aida64 extreme I got both of them on the same temp, gonna try to leave my pc at the store next Thursday so they can check it comlpletely.

About some comments related to W11, I'm actually using W10 and it's my bad for not letting you all know that I actually use W10 instead of W11, if my Issue is fixed I'll let you all know what the real issue was.

Vectao

Commendable
Nov 30, 2019
So, it's been over a month since my last message and only remembered to give a little solution and report what was the issue, it ended up to be the motherboard, it seems that it had some issues with the CPU controller which after playing for some time it thought the CPU was way hotter than it actually was (the max temp was 77ºC~170ºF) and it throttled the CPU down to cool it a bit, since then I've changed the motherboard and it's working like a charm, another thing that was getting me was an intermittent black screen, which was easily fixed with an HDMI cable swap.

Hope everyone is doing great and thanks to all of those that tried to help me.

Solution