[SOLVED] My Ryzen 5 3600 OC any good ,do i push further ?

Led zeppelin blues

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2015
Hi , first and foremost my system specs

Ryzen 5 3600
Asus Prime b450M-A Motherboard
GTX 1650 SUPER
XPG GAMMIX D30 16GB 3200Mhz RAM
Antec NX210 Cabinet

So ,hi again
Please allow me to explain
Two days back i got myself a Ryzen 5 3600 and decided to overclock it today using the Ryzen Master and i am running it on the Stock Cooler

I gradually kept upping the voltage and frequency to find a sweet spot without any crashes during the stress test that Ryzen Master does and here are my results

4500Mhz at 1.2875 Volt
Max Temperature during stress test 84 Celsius Stock Cooler

And this was all while the air conditioner was off in my room and witnessed no crashes at those settings

Should i tweak more or should i wait for a water cooler ,since i suppose while gaming anyway temps wont reach that high right ?

This is actually my first time ever overclocking a CPU ,hence would like to hear from you things i can do more ,things i should not or if what i am doing is an absolute blunder

Looking forward to hearing any and all advise please while i wait for my phone to make that notification sound xD

Thanks

Solution
Guru3d.com, ClockTuner2 and Dram Calculator. You'll also need Typhoon Burner.

That'll setup a virtual OC, like Ryzen master, stress test it and maximize ram speeds with timings for better performance.

I'd use Cinebench R20 and run both a cpu and single core test, then balance those against what you can get with CT2 and DC.

I ran a solid 4.4GHz OC on my 3700x at 85°C. Also did CT2 and DC. Stock I got 3.9GHz all core at 85°C, score 3723. OC I got 4.4GHz at 85°C, score 5101. CT2 I got 4.3GHz all core at 62°C, score 5000. Biggest difference was CT2 only boosted with loads, so idles nice and low and the single core score was actually 30points higher than the 4.4GHz OC, and with gaming using high degrees of single core that means fps is...

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Guru3d.com, ClockTuner2 and Dram Calculator. You'll also need Typhoon Burner.

That'll setup a virtual OC, like Ryzen master, stress test it and maximize ram speeds with timings for better performance.

I'd use Cinebench R20 and run both a cpu and single core test, then balance those against what you can get with CT2 and DC.

I ran a solid 4.4GHz OC on my 3700x at 85°C. Also did CT2 and DC. Stock I got 3.9GHz all core at 85°C, score 3723. OC I got 4.4GHz at 85°C, score 5101. CT2 I got 4.3GHz all core at 62°C, score 5000. Biggest difference was CT2 only boosted with loads, so idles nice and low and the single core score was actually 30points higher than the 4.4GHz OC, and with gaming using high degrees of single core that means fps is actually higher at the lower all core speeds.

Solution