[SOLVED] my ryzen 5 3600 stuck in 4,2 ghz?

Jul 3, 2020
This is my first computer so i just want to be sure about everything!

So, everytime i start my computer, my clock speed is stuck in 4,2 ghz! I can change it from ryzen master to 3,6 ghz but just want to ask, if its ok to keep it always boosted to 4,2 ghz? It stays in 50 - 55 c

Solution

So, everytime i start my computer, my clock speed is stuck in 4,2 ghz! I can change it from ryzen master to 3,6 ghz but just want to ask, if its ok to keep it always boosted to 4,2 ghz? It stays in 50 - 55 c
Welcome to Toms Hardware @anzadyyd!

The 3600 should be fine at 4.2ghz, that is the boost clock of the processor. There is no other way to change the clock speed other than going into the BIOS. If you are really concerned, try seeing if the turbo option or something like that is enabled (for me it is asus optimal boost) for your computer. Also 50-55c is normal for the 3600. I also never used Ryzen Master so correct me if Im wrong.

The 3600 should be fine at 4.2ghz, that is the boost clock of the processor. There is no other way to change the clock speed other than going into the BIOS. If you are really concerned, try seeing if the turbo option or something like that is enabled (for me it is asus optimal boost) for your computer. Also 50-55c is normal for the 3600. I also never used Ryzen Master so correct me if Im wrong.

Solution
Jul 3, 2020

HI! Yeah, i don't think i have any kind of boost on. And never used BIOS before, this all kinda new to me (previous computer i had was iMac). In ryzen master u actually can change the clock speed! Just have to do it every time i start my computer!

HI! Yeah, i don't think i have any kind of boost on. And never used BIOS before, this all kinda new to me (previous computer i had was iMac). In ryzen master u actually can change the clock speed! Just have to do it every time i start my computer!
Ok if you have to do it everytime you start the computer then I would recommend you go into the BIOS and do it from there. Follow a tutorial as I won't be able to explain it here