Question My ryzen 5 3600x randomly oced

also my cpu even in ryzen master shows max speed 4.4ghz after reinstaling it and cant chose any profiles to lower the speeds ;[ and voltage
It's not overclocking, it's just doing it's job as expected. Call it boost, turbo or whatever but it's normal and indicates it's properly set up. Something may be wrong with your windows if it stays on at top speed.
Have a look in your Task Manager, something is pushing CPU to high usage. 1-2% at idle tops, otherwise it's not true idle.

Hey there,

Yes, this is perfectly normal , and very much preferred. Ryzen chips have a boost algorythm that allows the CPU to boost it's cores up to 4.4ghz. If there is enough thermal headroom, then the CPU can boost all cores to that speed.

You should not worry, and be happy your CPU is working as intended.

Last edited:

Real_4

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2016
ye it was windows soon as i rebooted all went back to normal still boosts to 4.4ghz but now only when playing games but when i stop playing drops to around 2.5-3.8ghz if not being used that much Thanks ^^ but soon ill be upgrading to ryzen 7 5700x or 5800x :p

Reactions: Roland Of Gilead
ye it was windows soon as i rebooted all went back to normal still boosts to 4.4ghz but now only when playing games but when i stop playing drops to around 2.5-3.8ghz if not being used that much Thanks ^^ but soon ill be upgrading to ryzen 7 5700x or 5800x :p
What GPU are you running? Recent updates to Radeon Settings for certain AMD GPU's is background installing the Ryzenmaster driver. It's known to do some mild PBO overclock settings. It definitely does in my system with an RX 6800 XT and 5800X...much to my chagrin because it totally screws up the tweaked PBO overclock profile I have.

You can go into the Task Scheduler and disable the task run at each bootup to run the RyzenMaster driver.

Ah, glad it's looking better now.

1.45v or so is exoected when vcore is set to auto. It literally only goes up that high (and very odd time might go 1.5v), but as mentioned it's designed that way.

Everything seems as it should. If your temps are okay, then just leave it.

The other option is to set it manually in the bios. Something like 1.325, test with cinebench R23 to see if it's still boosting. If you hit any crashes, up the vcore to 1.35 then test again, untill it's stable at a fixed voltage.

But really, letting PBO do it's thing is the best route, unless you're into OC'ing, which you don't really need to.

Last edited: