[SOLVED] My Ryzen 7 2700X stays overclocked to 4.2 - 4.4 GHz constantly and over 85c

May 19, 2020
I've got a Ryzen 7 2700x that is constantly overclocking itself, even while idling. The temperatures are sitting anywhere from 80 - 100 degrees Celsius and I've tried everything I can think of to get it to cool down. Swapped thermal paste, attempted to underclock (which the AI overclocker denied), turned off AI overtuning and tried again, nothing, and put the computer in front of a literal air conditioner. Still, nothing.
Specs:
Mobo: ROG X470 Strix
GPU: RX 5600
RAM: 16 GB 3200 MHz
CPU: Ryzen 7 2700X
Cooler: Stock Wraith Prism Cooler

Solution
Change the cpu cooler or try to reset the bios via taking out cmos battery and putting it again back in or flashing the same bios again, this will reset the bios to any changes that may have been taken by accident. Thanks I will try to look for more solutions if this does not help.!
Aug 7, 2020
Change the cpu cooler or try to reset the bios via taking out cmos battery and putting it again back in or flashing the same bios again, this will reset the bios to any changes that may have been taken by accident. Thanks I will try to look for more solutions if this does not help.!

Solution
May 19, 2020
I ended up replacing the cooler and now it runs like a DREAM. Thanks!