[SOLVED] My Ryzen 7 3800x is always running on max speed

Apr 30, 2021
My Ryzen 7 3800x is running on max speed even when idling, and idle temps arpund 55. It started to happen only recently, before it was idling around 40 or lower, so thats not normal. I think it also cause some other issues- my taskbar constantly freezes randomly. It only happens when I don't use it and leave it running for some time (ussually from 1 hour to 3 hours). Taskbar freezes, does not updat time ond i cant hower my mouse over it. Next thing is when it freezes, and i decide to unplug, for example a mouse, and plug it back in it doesn't work at all. So thats that. I tried a lot of things, and non of them seem to work. If annyone needs my pc specs:

Ryzen 7 3800x with stock cooler

msi mpg b550 gaming edge wfi

Samsung 970 evo plus 1tb

Crucial 16GB (2x8GB) 3200MHz

HDD WD blue 7200 1tb

zotac geforce gtx 1070 amp edition

silentumpc Supremo FM2 Gold 750W

Solution
Yea I already tried both of that things, and sadly none of them helped.
Are you running any apps with icons in the system tray? can you completely disable them?

Look at Task Manager. In the Processes tab or Details tab click on the CPU column header to sort by CPU useage and see what's hitting your CPU the hardest.
Apr 30, 2021
Check power plans in windows, should be Balanced. Not Performance.

Windows just had a Major update, that tends to make some stuff kinda whacked. Windows settings being common changes.

Try opening a CMD with Admin then type in :
Sfc /scannow
When that's finished :
dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
Yea I already tried both of that things, and sadly none of them helped.