Question My Samsung 870 evo write speed is slow !

Status
Not open for further replies.

kanewolf

Titan
Hi everyone i had a new ssd to my system last month and the write speed was good 500mb/s and now i did a benchmark and slow speed can't exceed 400mb/s i need your help is that normal ?
  • the system is installed on the ssd
  • there's a lot of free space in the ssd
image of Benchmark:
View: https://imgur.com/yNSqMup
How full is the disk ? "a lot" is your interpretation, 50%? 10%? 90% ? It makes a difference.

Hi everyone i had a new ssd to my system last month and the write speed was good 500mb/s and now i did a benchmark and slow speed can't exceed 400mb/s i need your help is that normal ?
  • the system is installed on the ssd
  • there's a lot of free space in the ssd
image of Benchmark:
View: https://imgur.com/yNSqMup
A test...........boot the pc and let it sit for 5 mins.
Run the benchmark.

ahmansour

Reputable
Jul 29, 2019
Write speed variation is normal...it all depends on what is happening in the background while you're running the test. Even just having anti-virus running will make a big difference in test results.
i dont have an antivirus . what is differnce i did it a 20 days ago and it was fine ( no new softwares added to my system since then )

D

Deleted member 14196

Windows 10 has a built-in antivirus but you should never disable it especially just for synthetic benchmarks

alxnt

Prominent
May 22, 2021
I have the same problem. I cloned a samsung evo(system disk) to a 870 and after a couple of weeks I noticed that write speed can't exceed 400mb/s. I installed 850 again and speed was normal about 500mb/s. Then I cloned to another 870 and speed was as it should 530mb/s for about 10 days. I tested again last night and speed fell to 380-420mb/s. Read speed is normal 560mb/s.
I have also a 860 evo and another 2x850 evo and speed is normal. They are not system disks.
Cloning software used was easeus partition master and macrium reflect.
Drives are on ryzen 3600 with b450 tomahawk m/b and 16gb@3200mhz ram.

ahmansour

Reputable
Jul 29, 2019
I have the same problem. I cloned a samsung evo(system disk) to a 870 and after a couple of weeks I noticed that write speed can't exceed 400mb/s. I installed 850 again and speed was normal about 500mb/s. Then I cloned to another 870 and speed was as it should 530mb/s for about 10 days. I tested again last night and speed fell to 380-420mb/s. Read speed is normal 560mb/s.
I have also a 860 evo and another 2x850 evo and speed is normal. They are not system disks.
Cloning software used was easeus partition master and macrium reflect.
Drives are on ryzen 3600 with b450 tomahawk m/b and 16gb@3200mhz ram.
it's the same thing happening to me i tried to install a windows clean install after formatting it and the speed went back to the normal , but after 2 weeks the speed dropped again i dont know what to do is it a prob. with our systems only or its common and normal i had been searching the whole internet i cannot find anything useful btw i saw ur comment on linus forums .
let me know if u found solution pls
my rig :
r5 2600
aorus b450 elite
16GB ram
gtx1660

alxnt

Prominent
May 22, 2021
it's the same thing happening to me i tried to install a windows clean install after formatting it and the speed went back to the normal , but after 2 weeks the speed dropped again i dont know what to do is it a prob. with our systems only or its common and normal i had been searching the whole internet i cannot find anything useful btw i saw ur comment on linus forums .
my rig :
r5 2600
aorus b450 elite
16GB ram
gtx1660
Do you have eset installed?

alxnt

Prominent
May 22, 2021
No i just have windows defender and it was activated in both benchmarks
Maybe it s just amd drivers paired with 870 then. I really cannot understand though. I hoped that a clean installation would help but as you said it has the same behavior. So you saved me time from formatting the drive.

Jul 22, 2022
my rig :
r5 2600
aorus b450 elite
16GB ram
gtx1660
I have the same problem it is so annoying have you find any solution yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.