[SOLVED] My Samsung Odyssey G7 monitor doesn't display anything until Windows starts

Jan 4, 2022
MSI B150 PC Mate with Click BIOS. Graphic card is MSI GeForce-GTX-1060-6G-OCV1 Other monitors displayed BIOS and MSI logo during boot up without problems. I don't know what resolution the motherboard use. I have tried various settings on the display, graphic card and BIOS, but the screen is black until I get to Windows. As the Samsung technical support denied such problem, I would appreciate any help.

Last edited:
Solution
I've experienced this as well. However I found out if you disable Adaptive Sync in the OSD, it responds much quicker to display changes. So my guess is Adaptive Sync requires a longer time for the monitor to "sync up" to the display output.

If you're not seeing anything when in the UEFI menu, then that's another story, since mine displays UEFI.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Can you force yourself to get into BIOS using the Start>Restart(hold down shift key just as you click on restart) option? From there you should be seeing a blue screen and Advanced options>UEFI Firmware. If you're unable to get into BIOS through this method, might want to get back into the OS GUI, then fire up CPU-Z and see what your BIOS version is at the time of writing. Also, please list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor: mentioning all displays used and how they're tethered to the GPU

Age of the PSU in your build, apart from it's make and model?

Jan 4, 2022
Thank you Lutfij

It's interesting idea, unfortunately I run out of time and returned the monitor. In the email Samsung representative stated it have to be returned by 6th, but when I print the return label, there was ship by 5th. I had at the time only 2 hours to disassemble it, pack, find FedEx store and bring it there.

I've experienced this as well. However I found out if you disable Adaptive Sync in the OSD, it responds much quicker to display changes. So my guess is Adaptive Sync requires a longer time for the monitor to "sync up" to the display output.

If you're not seeing anything when in the UEFI menu, then that's another story, since mine displays UEFI.

Solution