Question My Samsung S6 does not charge

Vlad_Cryptee

Reputable
Feb 16, 2017
So My S6 suddenly started to not charge anymore, and i do not know if it is the battery or the charging dock. When i plug it in i still get a message that it charges but then disappears. If I can confirm it is the battery, it would be easy to just replace the battery by myself. Any advice?

delaro

Judicious
Ambassador
Boot to safe mode.
  1. Turn off your Galaxy S6.
  2. Press and hold the Power key.
  3. When ‘Samsung Galaxy S6’ appears, immediately release the Power key and then press and hold the Volume Down button.
  4. Continue holding the Volume Down button until the phone finishes the restart.
  5. When you see Safe Mode on the lower left corner of the screen, release the button.
Charge with another cable under safe mode, preferable something newer with no signs of wear then see if the symbol stays active. The S6 line had crappy battery life to start with and the batteries started to fail at 12 months so depending on how long you had the phone a new battery is definitely a possibility.

Vlad_Cryptee

Reputable
Feb 16, 2017
Boot to safe mode.
  1. Turn off your Galaxy S6.
  2. Press and hold the Power key.
  3. When ‘Samsung Galaxy S6’ appears, immediately release the Power key and then press and hold the Volume Down button.
  4. Continue holding the Volume Down button until the phone finishes the restart.
  5. When you see Safe Mode on the lower left corner of the screen, release the button.
Charge with another cable under safe mode, preferable something newer with no signs of wear then see if the symbol stays active. The S6 line had crappy battery life to start with and the batteries started to fail at 12 months so depending on how long you had the phone a new battery is definitely a possibility.
still closes after i get into safe mode and plug in. do you reckon the battery's dead?