My samsung smart tv won't connect to the internet. It connects to the router but not the internet, can someone help

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

beakieman

Reputable
Jan 8, 2015
I am not at home to try it... but I got a reply from samsung:

Dear XXXXX

Thank you for your email. Your customer reference number is 21181037XX.

Please accept my apologies for your experience regarding this issue and for the inconvenience that this has caused you.

I would like to confirm that Samsung is aware of this issue and our engineers are working on sorting this out very soon.

Your patience and understanding are highly appreciated.

Kind regards,
Reem S
Customer Service Representative

Samsung Electronics (UK) Ltd
UK: 0330 726 7864
EIRE: 0818 717 100
W: www.samsung.com/uk/support
Twitter Facebook

dutchbint

Reputable
Feb 25, 2015

Same thing here, worked perfectly for 18 months and as of yesterday I can only reach devices on my own network. I use a Samsung wifi dongle.

DMacLean

Reputable
Feb 25, 2015
Here in Canada I have had no service for a day. TV will connect to Router , but not Internet. I tried many of the mentioned suggestions, but the one that worked was a hard reset followed by a installation of the latest firmware via a USB flashdrive. Be sure you are not in Smarthub or the update option will not be accessible in the support menu.

Anthonyscottique

Reputable
Feb 25, 2015

Same with me. I downloaded the update no problem but still cannot connect to internet

Pat Fahy

Reputable
Feb 25, 2015

Hi. I tried that - Menu, Support, Software Update and got a message saying This Function isn't available. So My despair is still with me. I cannot imagine how I can download a fix when I cannot get to internat at all.
Pat

jimbMiami

Reputable
Feb 25, 2015
x . x . x . x . x . x . x . x . x . x . x . x . x . x . x . x . x . x . x . x . x . x . x . x . x . x . x . x . x . x . x . x . x . x . x . x . x . x . x . x . x . x . x . x . x . x .

Good news? It's global. Not your tv
Bad News? Samsung will not admit it. "Engineers are aware" with no details.
Quick news search shows one site with a work around, pointing the DNS to some IP in Europe. Try at your own risk.
Had my case escalated, now they will not even tell me if/how I will be notified of the fix, just "Please check after some time"

diva-d

Reputable
Feb 24, 2015
Samsung & I got well aquainted today resulting in my tv getting remote managed and being informed that Samsung has been having issues with their bluray's (mine connects from my modem and tv) and that their servers are down. Expect the update/upgrade within 24 hours. It's late Feb 25, so we'll see. Letting them remote manage everything certainly let them see for themselves what updates were on the components and saved me more grief that I went through today in 3 other "experiences" with their techies.

BobsHardware

Reputable
Feb 24, 2015

Here's the article you referred to for the benefit of others:
http://www.myce.com/news/users-fix-samsung-smart-tv-time-two-workarounds-known-75148/

BobsHardware

Reputable
Feb 24, 2015

You probably do have internet - the message is false. It says that there is no internet when it has trouble communicating with some of the Samsung servers.

BobsHardware

Reputable
Feb 24, 2015
This problem is making the news at last:

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2015/02/26/samsung_sony_tv_outage/

http://www.myce.com/news/smart-tv-mayhem-for-sony-and-samsung-users-after-central-servers-go-down-75137/

diva-d

Reputable
Feb 24, 2015
Samsung provided the fix by getting their server back working here in Canada. Additionally, the last Samsung CSR I spoke with last evening took the time to call me bright & early this morning to ensure all was working & what, if any, suggestions I had. Yes, Samsung, I do ... Post the accountable error message that you are responsible & not our Internet Providers!! Huge Thankyou to everyone here that posted possible solutions!

jenihana

Reputable
Feb 26, 2015
I'm in Chicago...still have issue. Can't connect to internet OR do the system update.

OK...seems to be fixed. I just had to reconnect to my wifi and all is good. They must have pushed the fix out in US as well.

LijoM

Reputable
Feb 17, 2015
In samsung smart TV a network test is the easiest way to connect to the internet.
To perform a network test press the menu button on your remote control
you can use upward and down keys to setup ,now select network from the list in the network menu choose network test, if you"r successfully connected, check mark each part of the test
But if any part of the test fails lets go for some possible solutions
If mac address fails this means a samsung wireless link is not connected properly or its defective, to confirm whether the link is working properly connect the tv to modem with ethernet cable and change network type to wired and check the network test again if the test passes this time the link may be defective
If the ip address fails this could be an issue with wireless router,disconnect all physical connection and restart modem.router TV and check
If gateway ping fails this also could be a wireless router issue,disconnect all physical connection and restart modem.router TV and check
if internet service test fails your network may have limited or poor connectivity there could also be internal firewall took place here you can disable any firewalls and test Hope this will help you, enjoy browsing on smart TV.still if you find difficult please visit for help http://247support.ninja

Ed Chombeau

Honorable
Mar 20, 2013

Update your IP address for your Smart TV. Need to do that occasionally on my wireless printers as well. Each Wireless Hardware Item has it's own IP address. Sometime simply power off the item and power back on works. And that means "pull the plug" ;so it's no staying in "warm/sleep mode".

Lexie Griggs

Reputable
May 15, 2015

Thank you so much! I was so upset that I had to risk waking up my daughter every night watching tv in the living room instead of being able to watch my shows in the back room. I am so glad I saw this because the software update took a moment to become available to choose, and I missed it the first time.

Status
Not open for further replies.