[SOLVED] My sapphire nitro+ RX 480 capacitor got blow up!! Need HELP!!!

Solution
I am here just to ask. How the heck did your GPU blow up? I'm recommending to buy a new graphics card, since the person that sold the card to you was either clueless, or they knew that the graphics card had an issue and sold it with a small warranty to scam you.

cos_ine

Prominent
Nov 8, 2019
I am here just to ask. How the heck did your GPU blow up? I'm recommending to buy a new graphics card, since the person that sold the card to you was either clueless, or they knew that the graphics card had an issue and sold it with a small warranty to scam you.

Solution
I am here just to ask. How the HELL did your GPU blow up? I'm recommending to buy a new graphics card, since the person that sold the card to you was either clueless, or they knew that the graphics card had an issue and sold it with a small warranty to scam you.
Most used RX480 were used to mine Cryptocurrency which damages the card even if kept at low temps and that's why they were sold for really cheap. The seller probably gave no warranty and will not respond for a refund or a replacement.

To OP, if paid with PayPal you get 6 months to open a dispute. 3 months with Visa.

thekillerx10

Honorable
Apr 12, 2018
Yes, im using cooler master 450w mwe 80+
i think that is the reason that your gpu have blown up, bc minimum psu 500w a quality one
and you are pairing it with a 450w and a cooler master unit, honestly i would avoid any cooler master unit there is alot of other good units there in the market,but anyway if it is not a psu problem next time before you buy a second hand gpu,check it with your eyes and ask him to run furmark for 5 min and check the gpu usage it should be 96-100% use and see if there is stuttering in the screen

Ralston18

Titan
Under the circumstances and after looking at the photo I would have very little faith in that GPU at all.

You may be able to replace the obviously blown capacitor but there is no way to know what other damage may have occurred. May or may not be visible.

And once the blown capacitor is replaced then the next weakest may blow. Or some other component.

The GPU is likely no longer worth any time, effort, or cost per se.

Dispute for a refund if at all possible and hope for the best there.